WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Lucien Piccard on its way from shopnbc, but am kinda getting worried as to its quality b/c I can only find it for sale on discount internet sites. Is it swiss made? Is it a good quality watch? Does the Lucien Piccard name mean anything to anyone? You guys seem quite knowledgeable so I hope you have some input for me. Thanks. Brendan

·
Registered
401 Posts
When it arrives make sure it looks good and keeps good time before removing any plastic , tags etc. After this if you do not like it or it is defective ship it back for a full refund. I have heard nothing bad about LP but do not own any myself.

D

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Im sorry but what is "F & F"?? Thanks
Fit & Finish = the quality of the finished product re: rough spots on case, quality of polish between lugs, etc.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, well thats good!! ;-) Not to get off subject but you like those Trias dont you ken? I saw some very reasonably priced on ebay, though they seem to be the asian models (no swiss markings). What do you think about them?

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
From what I can tell about the Trias is that they are nice watches, but the ones with the Eta (Swiss) movements go for higher prices than those without. It depends on weather or not you want to say you have a Swiss watch or you don't care. But I haven't heard anything bad about them either way, be careful to talk about Trias on the German board though.. lol

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have a Lucien Piccard on its way from shopnbc, but am kinda getting worried as to its quality b/c I can only find it for sale on discount internet sites. Is it swiss made? Is it a good quality watch? Does the Lucien Piccard name mean anything to anyone? You guys seem quite knowledgeable so I hope you have some input for me. Thanks. Brendan
Brendan, I think you will be ok with your Lucien Piccard selection. I have purchased a total of 6 of them from SNBC. They would most likely be in the "fashion" category as a dress type watch and I am satisfied with all of them. I happen to be wearing one today.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Lucien Piccard Quartz Watch that I purchased from Shop NBC. The price was cheap and the Watch is very nice looking. Well the Watch (Quartz movement) is a Swiss ETA movement. Keeps great time and I am happy with it. But for the last several months I am no longer wearing any of my Quartz Watches. I am now only wearing Automatic Movements. If you like the Watch keep it. Also Shop NBC is great on returning Items.... Good Luck

·
Banned
2,637 Posts
I have a Lucien Piccard Quartz Watch that I purchased from Shop NBC. The price was cheap and the Watch is very nice looking. Well the Watch (Quartz movement) is a Swiss ETA movement. Keeps great time and I am happy with it. But for the last several months I am no longer wearing any of my Quartz Watches. I am now only wearing Automatic Movements. If you like the Watch keep it. Also Shop NBC is great on returning Items.... Good Luck
this post is around 5 years old, but thank you for the info.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts