WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...have I discovered something.

In this thread https://www.watchuseek.com/f17/i-need-watch-always-accurate-4791487-8.html I talked about not finding a spot in my house to sync until I hung it on my inexpensive atomic wall clock. Once it synced, it has been reliably syncing on my arm every night - for about a week now, rain or shine right around midnight (maybe not shine, but clear weather).

Accordingly, I have a theory that may, or may not make sense.

The watches originally synced in Japan (mine was set to Tokyo and synced a month or so ago). Even though I reset the timezone, perhaps it needs a very strong signal to "switch" to a new transmitter. Now that it has "found" the transmitter in Colorado, it can sync with a weaker signal.

I guess there are several alternatives:

1. I'm full of it
2. Makes sense
3. Old news, we figured that out ages ago.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Gs have a soul (mechanical watch lovers, please contain your outrage). Your G needed time to get over the fact that he/she's not in Japan anymore, cease longing for the Sakura cherry trees. He/she found a companion in you atomic wall clock, a soulmate, now it has started coming to terms with life far from home. I advise preferential, bordering on gentle... possibly even lover-like treatment.

See, now you're not the only one full of it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
It's mostly atmospheric conditions that affect people on the fringe of the sync zone. Cloud in the right place, syncs. Humidity 1 point off from yesterday, doesn't sync.

Also, I imagine weak EM fields in the home may have some effect, one way or another.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I've found that first sync to sometimes be more difficult it seems when I get a new watch. I've kinda felt the same way as you as they seem to get easier after that first initial sync with the new tower. Or maybe were both crazy:)

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've found that first sync to sometimes be more difficult it seems when I get a new watch. I've kinda felt the same way as you as they seem to get easier after that first initial sync with the new tower. Or maybe were both crazy:)
Or maybe we are the only two sane ones here...

·
Premium Member
63,255 Posts
Four IWC's, 6 Omegas, one Lange, one chronoswiss, Mondaine, 3 Marathons, a CWC, a Tutima, a couple of Bulovas, the GW-5000 and...

No Rolex so I must be sane :)

Oh, and 4 Sinn
I’ve got 2 Rolex so by your reckoning I must be nutty as a proverbial fruitcake. :-d

1 - 13 of 13 Posts