WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see little mention of the Airwolf Raven on WUS (and most that is my own posting). I know that there are a number of B1 fans, and I like that model too, but I don't see much enthusiasm for the Airwolf or the Airwolf Raven.

Just curious.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Hi Sabresoft, I think both are great watches (essentially the same watch). I used to have an Airwolf and really enjoyed it. I just wish they would bring out a version with a higher WR. I know that 50m is sufficient for splashing, swimming etc but I'd feel more reassured if it were 200-300+ meters. Then they'd have a very accurate (SQ), multi-function (alarms, backlight, sliderule etc), do anything, go anywhere kind of watch.
The Airwolf/Airwolf Raven are fine watches. Why they aren't mentioned much here on WUS is anyone's guess but don't let that be your barometer. What you think of them is far more valuable.
Cheers,
Capt

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Personally, I like the Airworlf Raven very much. I'm not too sure why they aren't mentioned. Maybe there aren't enough owners?

cheers.

·
Banned
5,317 Posts
I admire them far afar....wish I could find one to handle. It might be that the Airwolf Raven is the least "Breitling" Breitling, if that makes sense and that is one of the reasons I like it.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I love Airwolf & Airwolf Raven as i love the older B-1 too!
I was very close to buy the Airwolf Raven last year,but finally i decided to go with the Skyracer Raven...

·
Registered
805 Posts
I've owned a Raven... twice. On Ocean Racer rubber with polished deployant it's a beast of a watch. The only reason I sold ot was the bezel moved too easily on its own and drove me nuts!

I actually feel like I'm moving backwards with my collection. I've been looking at the SuperOcean II almost all day with a view to replacing the one I sold several months ago. I'll probably fancy an Airwolf now too! :-D

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just wish they would bring out a version with a higher WR. I know that 50m is sufficient for splashing, swimming etc but I'd feel more reassured if it were 200-300+ meters.
Cheers,
Capt
Yeah I agree that 50 metres is a bit lame, but if serious water is in the cards, then I just throw on the Sinn UX.

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
The black bezel appears to large and out of place on the watch. The steel bezel of the other models like the B1 make it more atrractive to me.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I do love the Breitling Airwolf Raven, was supposed to get one from my local AD. But then again saw the B1. Made a quick choice, Fell in love with it instantly. No regrets.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I think they look great but found mine horribly uncomfortable due to the caseback.

Ouch!

I prefer the latest Aerospace as a more comfortable and more subdued alternative.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think they look great but found mine horribly uncomfortable due to the caseback.

I thought that it might be uncomfortable looking at that turbine back, but have found that in actual use that it is fine. But then I only wear it a few days at a time because of frequent watch rotation due to a rather large collection.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
"Next to latest". There's a newer model out now. ;-)
That looks like the current model as shown on the Breitling website. If there is a newer model coming is there a link anywhere to see what this newer model looks like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
805 Posts
That looks like the current model as shown on the Breitling website. If there is a newer model coming is there a link anywhere to see what this newer model looks like?
As far as I know the newest model is the E7936210. "10" denotes "new version" I think. It has no lume in the indices nor a stripy dial.
I am happy to be corrected but I believe this to be the case.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
As far as I know the newest model is the E7936210. "10" denotes "new version" I think. It has no lume in the indices nor a stripy dial.
I am happy to be corrected but I believe this to be the case.
Interesting. When I go to their site and look up the model, the face has the stripes, but when I look at the 360 degree view it has a smooth face and markers rather than numbers for 1,2,4,5,7,8,10,11.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts