WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really don't get the pinkish color choice. Greenish, grayish, or bluish LCDs...I've owned all of them in various watches. Even Mountain Dew colored LCDs, like this vintage Seiko...

They all look good to me.

But the pink screens look anything but high tech to me. Guess I'm just a child of the 70s, raised on grayish green LCD watches >Tomy handheld games > Apple Newtons > Palm Pilots.

And the coppery case accents of the Rusty series make no sense to me at all. They look like Levi's rivets.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
I am not sold either but would like to see it in person. based on all the WUS members that have and love them I think it looks ok in person :think:

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
I've wondered if they are "night vision".

"The NV's backlight incorporates an optical filter to reduce overall brightness and minimize blue and green spectrum light to preserve night vision. Additionally, NV backlights are also much dimmer than a standard backlight, making it more difficult to detect with the naked eye in night operations. This backlight appears soft greyish pink, not red, and is still in the visible spectrum, so is not compatible with night-vision equipment"

Can any owners verify this.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Sorry, I like them very much...the 8200BK RB or MIRB 200MS would loose most of their uniqueness had it not been for their 'pinkish' screens ;-)

The pink LCD on MIRB Frogman is supposed to represent reddish rust color, and IMO doesn't fall short from achieveing that :)

Most of my G-shocks come with yellow, green, blue or gray LCD color...the pink/rust color adds to the variety in my case.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I am neutral to them. Doesn't bother me much.

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
The rust-color LCD is one of the main reasons why I just ordered the MIRB. My Stormtrooper has the same rust on the LCD and I like it.

This is probably in the eye of the beholder, but the rust color makes the watch look tough, especially on the MIRB.

·
Registered
826 Posts
The pinkish rust-colored LCD is harder to spot in low-light situations compared to the normal gray-colored LCDs. Since the watch is called "military-inspired", I think that's what Casio is going for - a stealthy watch.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I dont have one myself but I like the accents and the difference in the pink screen.

Thats the beauty about the Frogman line though (and most G-Shock lines). If you dont like it, there will be another edition that you do :-!

A proper old-school green-screened Frog would be cool though. I like the olive green edition on the GW-M5600 with the greenish tint - it looks like armoured glass.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts