WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Am I the only one who has a watch case at work to avoid as much desk rash as I can?

I purchased a Invcita Pelican case off eBay (~$6 shipped) just to keep at work. This way, when I'm glued to my computer for hours on end, I can toss it in there for safe keeping. Also - it can double as a desk clock when I just have the watch sitting vertical ;-)

Attachments

Reactions: ck2k01

·
Premium Member
3,396 Posts
I was a high school English teacher for many years. I don't want to say anything negative about high school students as most of them are good kids. But do you think something that attractive would have stayed long on my desk? I don't think so. So, to answer the OP's question, yes, you might be the only one.
Joe

Reactions: ck2k01

·
Registered
29,121 Posts
I recently bought these. They work well for this purpose./QUOTE]

Most excellent. I have been using basic coasters, but time for an upgrade.

I take mine off and keep it there as well if I have to do marathon computer time.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was a high school English teacher for many years. I don't want to say anything negative about high school students as most of them are good kids. But do you think something that attractive would have stayed long on my desk? I don't think so. So, to answer the OP's question, yes, you might be the only one.
Joe
I'll elaborate: I'm in HR so I get the luxury of having a locked office when I'm not in it.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
I recently bought these. They work well for this purpose./QUOTE]

Most excellent. I have been using basic coasters, but time for an upgrade.

I take mine off and keep it there as well if I have to do marathon computer time.
If I recall it was like $15 for a set of 3, so not bad at all. Soft yet firm rubber material. I really dig them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nokie

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
You are not the only one.

I keep a case in my drawer, (just a cheap 3 slot case from Android watch, now called Aragon) just in case I need to dive deep under the desk or elsewhere during work hours. :)

We also have a sushi chef in our cafeteria a couple of days per week and after the "Soy Sauce Incident of 2018", the watch comes off for sushi. I need a bib and a splash guard, LOL

#downwithocd

·
Registered
29,121 Posts
I thought it was just me, so I am glad there are more of us......

·
Registered
701 Posts
to turn the question around a bit, am I the only one here who thinks this is a bit excessive ??

The round coaster that looks like a watch movement is a nicer solution

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
to turn the question around a bit, am I the only one here who thinks this is a bit excessive ??

The round coaster that looks like a watch movement is a nicer solution
Eh, to each their own. Some people at work give me ..... for it, some people think it is neat. For periods where I'm stuck on an excel sheet for 5+ hours, I don't want the bracelet getting all marked up. I also have the plastic display my Casio Calculator watch came with so I can turn my watch into a clock...because why not?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts