WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a month ago I bought my Aquis 43mm on bracelet, because it looks so cool and my wife told me that it looks much more expensive than rubber band. But, after a week I bought a rubber band too. And now I think Aquis looks even cooler on rubber band (it's like ulysse nardin). Who else has both braclete and rubber band and likes rubber on Aquis more?

Wrist Watch Tartan Hand Arm

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forgot to mention that I have a small wrist (about 6.75") and Oris Aquis 43mm on rubber band looks much smaller and aesthetic...

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
I prefer on rubber as well - I have the same Aquis Date as you, as well as the Titan Titanium Chrono and that opinion stands for both. It's an incredible strap and accents the Aquis design. Love the bracelet as well but the rubber is just out of this world. Between the two I have never lamented the inability to easily swap out standard straps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have both for my Carlos Coste. I usually wear it on the rubber in summer/fall and switch to bracelet in winter.

I love the rubber strap but, sometimes the vanilla smell gets to be too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27,204 Posts
Depends on the watch, but a lot of oris divers seems to have too much metal when worn on the bracelet (if that even makes sense). I think it's a combination of the wide lugs and thick links

·
Registered
36,322 Posts
I have both and I like them both. I am very happy with both options. Great watches....... Equally enjoyable.
Me too!

·
Registered
152 Posts
I bought mine on the bracelet and purchased the strap after at an amazing deal! I do love both! I like the strap for when I want my Aquis to be a sports watch and favor the bracelet when I want to dress it up. I did also recently purchase a customer alligator strap from combat straps and I have been favoring that lately.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I have been thinking of switching to the rubber strap. How difficult was it to loosen the lug screws?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have been thinking of switching to the rubber strap. How difficult was it to loosen the lug screws?
It's so easy and simple! All you need are two screwdrivers. Also, the lug screws are pretty reliable. For the last couple of weeks I've changed strap to bracelet and vise versa for about 100 times. And screws sits like the first time I tried to unscrew them. :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Thank you all for the replies!

Can you show us a photo of Oris on alligator strap? It would be interesting to see it. Thanks!
It's distressed blue alligator with light gray stitching

Reactions: Oleksiis

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
I like both and would pick the strap over the bracelet if it were not for the overwhelming vanilla scent of the strap. It is too strong for me. Other than that it's the best rubber strap out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
73,516 Posts
Sorry O but I like the Aquis on a bracelet best but if you were to ask me about the ProDiver I'd agree with you.

·
Banned
121 Posts
I like rubber way more cause it looks a lot better than bracelets in my opinion, discovered this a few weeks back when I switched the bracelet on my Oris.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Oris rubber is great but with bracelet looks like 5k watch
So best way is to have bracelet and rubber and change it depending on your outfit

1 - 20 of 27 Posts