WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't believe when I saw this piece in the showcase. I was at a tiny antique place in New Hampshire when I saw this unbelievable Rado Florence watch. It has a gold nougat face that has to be seen to be believed. I snapped it up on the spot.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,817 Posts
cool! its always fun to catch a rare piece when least expecting it. hope you got a good deal. :-!

hows it look on a wrist?

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Keep or flip?

D
I don't think it's worth too much. I just bought it because it is a beautiful piece and I have nothing like it in my collection. Definitely a keeper :-!

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
That has a meteorite dial, although it looks different than what we typically see as meteorite dials. Rado produced these quite a while ago. I saw a Jubilee model a few years ago at Macy's and didn't buy it, and never saw another for a long time. Then get this, in the last month, I've found at least 6 of them for sale. It has something to do with all the closeouts going on at all the various jewelers and watch stores, things are turning up that I didn't think I would ever see again!

Great find!

-s-

·
Registered
360 Posts
Its not normally my style but this particular model is really nice. I like that textured gold dial, reminds me of the rising moon.

Great find.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts