WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
3541 - 3560 of 4003 Posts

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Well I picked up the sharp pointy thing earlier 😅 and I'm really surprised at how much I like it. I'm not sure what to do with it though because it looks too nice to actually use. What are you other comrades going to do with yours?

View attachment 16017938
View attachment 16017939

The black leather thing that is used to hold the sharp pointy thing is also very nice.😅

View attachment 16017951
Now regretting not ordering one but I have no idea if Brazilian customs would allow it in!

Anyway, to answer the question: Letter Opener?

Reactions: tokareva

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
There is an old phrase from Finland. "Everything is possible if you have imagination... and an axe."

With knife, you don't need that much of an imagination. 😁

Knife, a good knife especially, is an excellent tool outdoors. It can turn a dull moment into joy. While carving, time flies.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Well lol....I was going to use it in the kitchen! I don't do too much huntin'... except for those elusive watches

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
529 Posts
Looks exactly like mine. Craftmanship and feel are simply amazing. Best regards
My wife intercepted the knife. 😣 😎 She seems less concerned about it than a new watch, but she doesn’t know about the meteorite bronze and damask steel that are coming soon. 🤣

That being said and per policy, here’s some photos of the unboxing without really showing that it’s a knife. The knife quality and workmanship seems good. Came quite sharp. Rubber over-molded handle is fine. The steel shows bright Damask patterning and viewed top edge on, the layering looks apparent. The leather sheath is sturdy as well.

Happy with the purchase. Paperwork listed the knife as worth 500rub and the shipping was around 1800rub. First time for me to see an official Pochta branded box which must have cost a little itself. Maybe Vadim still had enough left over from the shipping fee to compensate for his time and lunch with a cup of coffee. на ваше здоровье!

View attachment 16015313 View attachment 16015314 View attachment 16015315 View attachment 16015317 View attachment 16015318 View attachment 16015319 View attachment 16015320 View attachment 16015321 View attachment 16015322

·
Registered
529 Posts
Can you tell how much did you pay for customs?
Today I received a Kizlyar knife from Russia, total value with shipping - 37 Euro - :(:mad:Customs fees 21 Euro
Hi Luis paid 7 euro, don't know why this time I just entered in the postal service system with the tracking code and allowed me to pay directly, so post did not bill me anything for dispatch, just plain VAT, otherwise it would have 21 euro dearer..

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Waiting.... waiting

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Friends, comrade Red PeeKay is going through a moment of crisis (as you can see from the photo he has also lost a lot of hair) and he needs our help...
Could someone who has already received the damask knife, publish a selfie while peeling a pear with superfine elegance, so that the mood of our friend is lifted from the confusion?
Tok, even a photo of the new model proposed by Vadim could be ok… but are you sure about the correct translation?
Are you sure that the watches will be built in titanium and not made from wrecks of the Titanic?

If you write to Vadim ask him to be more specific, also about what he means about "next week", since you hear it

·
Registered
639 Posts
Hi @tokareva

Since we are now at 3550 posts (including this) might it be possible to distill down the collected wisdom obtained, at great emotional cost, in some kind of sticky so that at one glance all who wish to purchase a titanium watch know exactly what to do? That would be answers to these questions:

1. What are the allowable order options - dials, handsets, movements, whatever may be up for discussion.

2. How to order.

3. Allowable payment options and how to effect them.

4. Allowable shipping options.

Maybe there are more, this is what I can think of.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I learned what is lampredotto. I even first thought that it could be delicious. But now I know.

There is still a faint chance it might be good if you get used to it. But like most national traits, no-one has enough time to get used to.
So Vadim could also become honest and Kotsov could become likeable by getting used to them?

Well, whatever the answer may be, you are right: we learned how it is best to avoid embarking on new titanic tax evasion projects

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I always count needed taxes to the costs. IIRC customs for watches is quite small, maybe even under one euro. Value added tax is quite high here, 24% of CIF (cost, insurance, freight) price.

I don't like to pay but I will.

3541 - 3560 of 4003 Posts