WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1421 - 1440 of 1618 Posts

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,421
It looks the same as the center one in your first picture. So I assume, the one with knife is that one. Considering Mokume gane was also only on 29x series.
Ok, that sounds reasonable. It does maybe look a little shorter after I looked at it more closely. I still don't understand why they even have that version though.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Ok, that sounds reasonable. It does maybe look a little shorter after I looked at it more closely. I still don't understand why they even have that version though.
Ask them for extra details if possible. They can share those details with side by side pictures at different angles. Last night I went through their facebook page and google translated many posts to get more details. But nothing more than what we already know in this thread.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Should note that this is stainless steel Damascus, not high carbon. Important not to confuse the two as performance and the way the pattern reflects in light (not the kind in photos but in true life) is different. I can't comment about this steel, never having seen it, but generally speaking, those expecting the patterns they see lit up in the photos may not get that. In my experience, and I've collected knives for decades, stainless Damascus never quite has the same dramatic quality as high carbon steel Damascus. But true, you can't go wrong with the price.
It looks like etched stainless to me. Especially around the trademark

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,424
Ask them for extra details if possible. They can share those details with side by side pictures at different angles. Last night I went through their facebook page and google translated many posts to get more details. But nothing more than what we already know in this thread.
Well I already asked for what Zany requested , dimensions and side comparison pictures but I think Vadim sent the dimensions.

Edit: Here is what he said about it...

"The height of the 295ChSB is 1.5 mm less in the case and 1.5 mm in the rim"

·
Registered
381 Posts
Well I already asked for what Zany requested , dimensions and side comparison pictures but I think Vadim sent the dimensions.

Thanks I do remember this. I tried to respond to your question "I still don't understand why they even have that version though. "
May be they point to more details but for me now it drills down to:
1. Slightly smaller case profile
2. Some how better WR. Don't know how? Dont care much either.
3. Some sort of universal design they tried. Probably that is why they claim it can take multiple movements at will. This is all from google translate.

Don't know if there is more to offer in 29x series.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts

I too am interested to see a side by side comparison of the 195 and 295, particularly of the bezel. A side on shot would also help. I am tending towards the 195 bezel on the 295 Bronze.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
412 Posts
We have some very complicated rules about Swords, knives and blades here in Aus . I was once told by a constable that the Leatherman Multitool that I had In my backpack on my way to work (where I used it all day) was a dangerous weapon and should attract a $60,000 or custodial sentence however as I am old and was wearing my work uniform he let me off with a warning and told that I was never to carry such a weapon again. Yes this ridiculous rule leads to many many questions which are probably filling your head right now.
Thing is, Importing such things as Knives is possible but only if it meets our 1984 Type government ministry Regulations Regarding Length ,type ,how many sharpened edges, the gender of my next door neighbours goldfish etc. So It anybody knows the Length of these Knives I really would appreciate it as I would love to get One..A photo of them side by side would be perfect.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,431
Comrades, all questions will be answered soon. Including length of knives with photos.
We have some very complicated rules about Swords, knives and blades here in Aus . I was once told by a constable that the Leatherman Multitool that I had In my backpack on my way to work (where I used it all day) was a dangerous weapon and should attract a $60,000 or custodial sentence however as I am old and was wearing my work uniform he let me off with a warning and told that I was never to carry such a weapon again. Yes this ridiculous rule leads to many many questions which are probably filling your head right now.
Thing is, Importing such things as Knives is possible but only if it meets our 1984 Type government ministry Regulations Regarding Length ,type ,how many sharpened edges, the gender of my next door neighbours goldfish etc. So It anybody knows the Length of these Knives I really would appreciate it as I would love to get One..A photo of them side by side would be perfect.
Wow, that's surprising. I suggest next time you try this approach 😁

·
Registered
578 Posts
In a lot of US states any blade over 3.5” is considered a concealed weapon. Pocket knives are still not allowed in a lot of places because of 9/11 rules. No US restrictions on imports though for personal use afaik...

·
Registered
549 Posts
I always used to have a leatherman in my backpack and a larger one in my jeep when I lived in Sydney! I didn't think twice about it 'cos I bought them in Oz but guess I was lucky I never got stopped - I was rather more worried what would happen if I got stopped on the way home from the mall the day I bought a particularly nice (and extremely sharp) set of Japanese kitchen knives three of which could definately be ragarded as offensive weapons in the wrong hands.

Reactions: tokareva

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,437

·
Registered
578 Posts
So the steel is basically a common but custom 440 tool steel variant fold welded for "Damask" strength and look. Shorter blades will be more durable. This type of steel may not hold it's edge very long depending on use, but it's good strong carbon steel and won't corrode if taken care of properly. I'll probably get one for the price. Might just want to keep your whetstone handy before shaving your face...

1421 - 1440 of 1618 Posts