WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As some may recall, I purchased over a dozen of the V7s that were offered on SAH-TV as their loss-leader. I have the red and blue V7-22Xs for myself, my wife has a women's V7 chron, and I bought 10 women's V7s for my staff as their Christmas gifts from the clinic santasmile.

Our Clinic Christmas party was last night and the V7s were given out to the staff. Several of the "Thank You's" were interesting and I thought I'd share them for any interested.

One young woman said "Wow, my first real watch!" When I asked her what that mean she said "This one is too nice to throw away when the battery dies."

Another thanked me prefunctorily and promptly had her husband looking at the watch. On my way to the serving line I over heard him say: "How long have you been working here? What, 4 months? And your boss gives you a present like this, all I got was a $50 gift card!" Turns out his parents own a jewelry store. He was over heard by someone else saying "Look, its got a sapphire crystal and is rated to 200 meters! Geez, its Swiss!"B-)

I was told several times that the watch was too much and how great I was for giving them out. Not that everyone was blown away but all-in-all it was a very nice evening and I think that most of the staff were happy with the gift (particularly given that most know I'm a "Watch Nut"):-D

All this for <$500 for 11 staff to receive Eta Swiss Quartz precision movements encased in 316L Surgical Steel with a Sapphire crystal, screw down crown, chrono functions with date, and in most instances a solid end link stainless steel bracelet! :p

Merry Christmas!santasmile

·
6,880 Posts
Thats great!
I wish I would have gotten in on it while they were still available.....doh!

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Glad your gifts went over well Doc!

·
5,138 Posts
Way to go Doc. I'll bet you get more than $500 of employee satisfaction and loyalty with that round of gifts!

My V-7 gifts were a big success too. My wife was very pleasantly surprised. She'd mentioned wanting a chrono last time I gave her a watch, but she assumed I didn't pay attention to the comment. She got the blue on leather as did my oldest daughter. Her initial response was "I've already got a watch". But about half an hour later she wanted to learn how to use the chrono and wore it the rest of the day. My 13 year old WIS daughter got the red on bracelet chrono and was delighted with it even though it is quartz. She'd known it was on order and was itching to get it on her wrist. I made myself wait until Christmas for my blue on leather too. Looks and feels great and it's going into the rotation.

Man, Dragoon wasn't kidding about those push-pins on the bracelet. I tried sizing my daughter's myself. Broke off two of the pins trying to remove them and almost wrecked my pin removal tool in the process. Took it to a jeweler today and let him endanger his tools for five bucks. She got her name engraved on the clasp while there too and can't wait to get back to school to show it off.

Those guys sure did make great gifts! santasmile

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad everyone liked their gifts!santasmile My office manager hasn't gone a day without hers on her wrist since I gave it to her at the beginning of November! My wife has 3 watches she wears regularly and the V7 is one of them (she also has a very Blingy Bulova chrono that she got on a SCREAMING deal at Kohls last year - ad mistake that they honored!).

All-in-all the most bang for the buck on any watch I have purchased - period (and that includes my $39 2824 SWISS watch!):-d

1 - 5 of 5 Posts