WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
the pic appears to be black but the description says blue. Which is it? Also is this the first neg version of the Protrek that is solar/atomic? Even at $225 I'd buy one, but not blue, only black.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Thanks for the links Tedzone. Is it a typo in the neg black link where in the title on Amazon's site, it says blue? Also are these Solar/Multiband-6 because there is no indication of this on the watch face like it does normally on any G-Shock I own.

It is weird (not that I would complain about it) that the neg black which to me is the best looking of the bunch is also the cheapest and by a large margin. Why is this so much cheaper?

·
Registered
175 Posts
It must be a typo. As for price -- I noticed that too. It's peculiar.
I'm thinking maybe it has to do with build location.

Edit-- made and shopped from Japan is more (it appears)

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
So you mean the neg black model is actually released in the US? Wow has hell frozen over or has Casio finally realized there is a market for negative displays in the US?

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'm thinking more -- Thailand.

The guys selling the Japanese ones seem to always try to make it really clear what they have on hand. But dunno for sure. Some of the experts will chime in later and set us straight. :)

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
It must be a typo. As for price -- I noticed that too. It's peculiar.
I'm thinking maybe it has to do with build location.

Edit-- made and shopped from Japan is more (it appears)
I think that all prw 3000,s are made in Thailand.atleast for now.but I may be wrong...anyway herever casio builds it makes hardly an difference.quality is same

·
Registered
316 Posts
Interesting! The B&W model is still around $360, a JDM import---that's how I got mine.

The sticker price, $300, is the same as the new Rangeman, so we have a clue as to what the Rangeman's street price will be. After Christmas anyway.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
I think that all prw 3000,s are made in Thailand.atleast for now.but I may be wrong...anyway herever casio builds it makes hardly an difference.quality is same
Right on, there is no quality difference but what is up with the prices? Super deal. I'm tempted to buy a negative display model because the price is so amazing.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
The price of the neg black went up to $239 from $225. Is this price creeping/trending upwards and will be the same over $300 price as the others eventually? I should have bought it the first day I saw it as it is now $14 more just from a couple of days of waiting.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Why is there no Multiband-6 branding on the face of the watch like all other G-Shocks that use that as a selling point?

Dunno why they didn't include it on the front...Maybe they were after an "uncluttered" look....PRW 3000 is not aimed at the same customers as G-Shock. Mine does have "Multiband 6" engraved on the caseback, though.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Anyone??? While I usually like to have the last word on things, when I ask a question I don't particularly like that I am becoming a thread killer. I actually would like to know an answer sometimes even if I think I know everything.

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
I think amazon pricing is a mystery that's not yet solved. In Germany they have the "lowest price on the web" policy so usually the watches are priced a few cents below the lowest price on ebay - if ebay-prices rise - so do amazon prices.

cheers, Sedi :)

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Price jumps that amount overnight though? This isn't like a new drug that can cure cancer being release by big pharma, it's just a watch. You expect big jumps like this on news or rumours even with stocks, not Amazon pricing.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Due to the seemingly increasing price I buckled and bought one on Ebay. I had a bid and was outbid but seller made a second chance offer. WIll be coming from Singapore and the seller has sold a bunch of these for around $200 + $28 shipping. Still cheaper than Amazon prices now.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts