WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two questions about limitations of using Ambit2 during ultramarathon events.
1. During activity I'm using autolap set to 1km. What happens, when I try to run over 100km? Is any limitation to autolap counter or should I set autolap for larger value?
2. I want to register my activity with GPS set to 1 second, HR and without any applications. Do you know any estimation how long activity could be recorded in A2 memory (assume that average HR will be 150bpm).

I'll be thankful for any information.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
2. With GPS set at 1 second, Ambit2 log capacity in hours with HR is approximately 20 hours in 1 sec recording mode and 50 hours in 10 sec recording mode.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have two questions about limitations of using Ambit2 during ultramarathon events.
1. During activity I'm using autolap set to 1km. What happens, when I try to run over 100km? Is any limitation to autolap counter or should I set autolap for larger value?
2. I want to register my activity with GPS set to 1 second, HR and without any applications. Do you know any estimation how long activity could be recorded in A2 memory (assume that average HR will be 150bpm).

I'll be thankful for any information.
1-There is no limitation about the counter. Last year I ran the Spartathlon (246 km race) with Ambit 2 and lap counter worked great until the 212th km. After that I got a message saying "lap memory is full". It then continued to record until the end of the race correctly but when I uploaded the data to movescount, the lap data is only for the first 212 kilometers. So, the answer is, no there's no limitation about the counter but there is a limitation about the Ambit 2 memory. If your race is not longer than 200 kilometers, I guess you should be good.

2- My guess is it's around 14-15 hours. Ambit 3 can record up to 20 hours with the new firmware but my experience is around 14-15 hours with Ambit 2 (1 second recording). After that I use a portable charger and it works great. You can charge while it still continues to record. Best of luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts