WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So while I'm waiting for the Postmann to deliver my new A3V, I was watching a youtube video of the watch. You can check that video here. In addition, I searched for that guy on movescount to see if there where any training files to investigate? And guess what, I found two files recorded with A3V. I had a closer look and find the results promising for the A3V. Take a look yourself and share your comments. ;-)

Trailrunning with A3V

Run with A3V

Big thanks Mayayo for sharing these tracks :-!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's my very first run with the watch. So far it worked flawless :) The run was a 10 + 5 min interval with 10 min rest in between. First 10 min (after 15 min warm up) was at target 4:15 min/km and last interval was at 4:00 min/km.

Check out the track here

·
Registered
41 Posts
Here's my very first run with the watch. So far it worked flawless :) The run was a 10 + 5 min interval with 10 min rest in between. First 10 min (after 15 min warm up) was at target 4:15 min/km and last interval was at 4:00 min/km.

Check out the track here
Hi,

i am very interested to buy this watch ! actually i have a ambit3 peak. I have Two questions for you:
Do you know if you can see the altitude without lunching a activity (in time mode pressing view button)
can you see the sunset and sunrise in time mode?
Thanks,

Regards,

Julien,

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hi,

i am very interested to buy this watch ! actually i have a ambit3 peak. I have Two questions for you:
Do you know if you can see the altitude without lunching a activity (in time mode pressing view button)
can you see the sunset and sunrise in time mode?
Thanks,

Regards,

Julien,
Yes you can view altitude from clock view (on the bottom row). No you can't view Sunset. Or at least, I haven't found out how to. I know some Suunto pictures shows sunset, so maybe it'll come in an update.

There's also no step counter, note that!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Watch Dive computer Wrist Auto part Diving equipment

I have been playing with one at work today. Looks nice, with a more robust strap than the traverse. No sunrise/sunset, barometer or weather trend indicator or storm alarm but obviously had the enhanced altimeter features. Also the watch doesn't start recording an activity until you press the start button which I prefer.

Think I prefer the traverse for hiking/camping but will be buying the vertical strap to put on my traverse.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Good pace there. Hilly or flat course?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
485 Posts
It's flat where I live ;-)
Not like here; Coastal North Cornwall, UK! Just run 5.2 miles (8.38km) and had over 350 metres of ascent, five gates, many steps, thick mud AND a force 8+ headwind most of the way! Slower than usual at 41m49s (best is 40m18s) but not the best of conditions.

Apparently I need 35 hour to recover!

Reactions: martowl

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not like here; Coastal North Cornwall, UK! Just run 5.2 miles (8.38km) and had over 350 metres of ascent, five gates, many steps, thick mud AND a force 8+ headwind most of the way! Slower than usual at 41m49s (best is 40m18s) but not the best of conditions.

Apparently I need 35 hour to recover!
Love your last comment - go enjoy the couch ;-)

I would love if I had 350 meters of ascent in just about 8k's. I love hills - especialy on my MTB and Roadbike. Here we I live, the highest point we have is ~70m above sea level.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts