WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Here's a post I made in another thread...

---------------
ANT+ Compatibility...

I've been waiting for a while for that update specifically for that feature.

Has anyone been able to successfully pair an ANT+ pod to that Ambit with firmware 2.0.6? Is there a special procedure?

The main goal for me was to PAIR that baby:

Bontrager: DuoTrap Digital Speed/Cadence Sensor (Model #08298)

To my Ambit but so far, it doesn't work with the number pairing procedure for the bike POD AND the cadence POD integrated in this Bontrager unit.

I just hope I'm doing something wrong and that I didn't wait all that time for nothing. A 190$ Garmin 410 watch is able to pair with this POD so I expected my Ambit to do the same.

Share your ANT+ success/failure

Thanks.

JF.
---------------

· Registered
22 Posts
Post your ANT+ compatibility/failure here...
From Ambit 2.0 User Guide:

"Pair your Suunto Ambit with optional Suunto PODs (Bike POD, heart rate belt,
Foot POD or Cadence POD) and ANT+ PODs to receive additional speed,
distance and cadence information during exercise. You can pair up to four
different PODs (one of each POD type). If you pair more PODs, Suunto Ambit
remembers the latest paired POD of each POD type."

I think Ambit only supports the following four Ant+ profiles: Bike Speed, Heart rate, Foot Speed & Distance (footpod), and Bike Cadence.

Bike Speed and Cadence Combo Profile not supported.

· Registered
672 Posts
If you click it, you get a 1.8 version? It loads a 2.0 labelled file (the title inside the pdf) when I load it.
Nope 1.8 for me on my mac and iPad. Strange. Flushed cache and everything but still 1.8. May ill try using Firefox instead of Safari.

Edit: Tried Firefox and Chrome and the link or going to Sunnto/Support/etc etc still produces 1.8. Can anyone put me out of my misery and upload an English 2.0 to here for me to download. Cheers.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
From Ambit 2.0 User Guide:

I think Ambit only supports the following four Ant+ profiles: Bike Speed, Heart rate, Foot Speed & Distance (footpod), and Bike Cadence.

Bike Speed and Cadence Combo Profile not supported.
I hope it's not the case... if it is, it really sucks!

This is the info I could dig up ont ANT+ profiles.

THIS IS ANT - Device Profiles

The duotrap sensor web page is here:

Bontrager: DuoTrap Digital Speed/Cadence Sensor (Model #08298)

it has no information on which profile it uses for communicating. Only that it is ANT+ compatible.

I hope they address this issue soon by software and that it is not a hardware limitation.

I feel like a kid who didn't have the Christmas gift he expected...

· Registered
79 Posts
Has anyone tested how footpod+GPS work?

Do you get distance and speed from footpod and track from GPS position?
Is footpod used as an additional sensor and primary source for speed and distance is GPS?
Do you get cadence with footpod?
Is there a way to calibrate footpod by means of GPS or are there any auto-calibration functions?

Can't test now as I can't sync settings with Movescount.

· Registered
22 Posts
From Suunto site Ambit faq:

"Q: Does the sw version 2.0 in November 2012 have ANT+ compatibility and is there going to be power presented in Ambit?

A: ANT+ compatibility is available in rel 2.0 for ANT+ compatible HR belts, Bike PODs, Biking cadence PODs and Foot PODs."

· Registered
223 Posts
Earlier I posted that I was able to PAIR my Garmin Foot POD. I still haven't had a chance to check the function yet.

Tonight I was also able to PAIR my Garmin HR Monitor. This pleases me greatly since the Garmin HR Monitor can be attached to a Polar Strap which in my opinion is the best strap available.

Will try out my Garmin Bike POD tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.