* Memory sync reminder
* Automatic scrolling of exercise displays
* Multisport summary to show details for individual sports
* Improved swimming display
* Context-sensitive View-button
* Enhanced accuracy for outdoor swimming
* Bike power slope calibration

Bug fixes:
- Problem with altitude reference setting during exercise.
- Distance calculation problem when pressing pause button while indoor swimming.
- Problem with altitude reading in Ambit2 S when using GPS fix rate 60 sec.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Re: Suunto Ambit2 S 1.5.14

Sweet! Here are the Ambit2 fixes and new features:

Suunto Ambit2 1.5.14 ---------------------------------

New features:
* New power saving options
* Track back
* Sunrise/sunset
* Memory sync reminder
* Automatic scrolling of exercise displays
* Multisport summary to show details for individual sports
* Improved swimming display
* Context-sensitive View-button
* Enhanced accuracy for outdoor swimming
* Bike power slope calibration

Bug fixes:
- Problem with altitude reference setting during exercise.
- Distance calculation problem when pressing pause button while indoor swimming.

·
Registered
16 Posts

Here is the long description from the Suunto.com site:

The new software upgrade 1.5 for Suunto Ambit2 will be available from Movescount.com on August 29th 2013. New power saving option and Track back lead the list of new features and improvements.
New power saving options:
A new power saving option has been added to increase battery lifetime while using GPS. In Movescount you can select OK (~60sec fix), Good (~5sec fix) or Best (~1sec fix) GPS accuracy when customizing your sport mode. The new setting Good gives you 24 hours of GPS performance with little loss in distance or track accuracy.
You can find the GPS accuracy setting under Gear > Customization > Sport mode (e.g. Cycling) > Edit > Show advanced settings.
Track back:
Retrace your exercise route with the new Track back feature. From the Navigation options, you can start track back at any time during your exercise. Alternatively, you can track back an exercise from your logbook directly from the Navigation menu.
Sunrise/sunset:
You can now view sunrise and sunset times in Alti & Baro mode. The times are based on the last recorded GPS location, so GPS must have been activated for the times to be available.
Memory sync reminder:
When 50% of the logbook memory has not been synced to Movescount, Ambit2 will display a reminder after an exercise and when you enter the logbook. The reminder also shows how much memory (in percent) has not been synced.
Automatic scrolling of exercise displays:
In custom sport modes, you can set the displays to automatically scroll during an exercise. In Movescount you can turn the scrolling on or off and set the scroll speed. While exercising, you can also turn off automatic scrolling in the options menu without affecting your Movescount settings.
Multisport summary:
In your logbook, you can now view the summary of each individual sport along with the totals for a multisport, adventure racing or triathlon Move.
Improved swimming display:
The swimming screen saver has been replaced with the possibility to view your customized swimming display while swimming. The bottom row will continue to indicate that you are swimming.
Context-sensitive View-button:
Keep the View-button pressed in different modes to access new shortcuts. Get straight to altitude reference and compass settings in Alti & Baro and Compass modes respectively. In other modes, keeping the View-button pressed inverts the display.
Enhanced accuracy for outdoor swimming:
The distance measurement and map representation have been improved for better accuracy in outdoor swimming exercises.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts

Wow, this sure is a major update. Lots of new bells and whistles and fixes on just about everything. :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Many of our main request from suunto on Ambit1 is now added to ambit2!
Such a shame!
I remember many asked for sunrise.sunset feature out of app area and now suunto add it to Ambit2!
Ambit1 is working great for me and I am very thankful to suunto for that but believe me that would be my last suunto watch!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
208 Posts
This looks a totally schweet update. Well happy with the track back, power saving and multisport additions. Happy days.

·
Registered
379 Posts
At last, a 5 sec GPS fix - really good to see the time quantified as 24h, so a 50% increase on the 1s fix rate. Combined with the ability to switch exercises mid way, that means for longer races you can still get good track accuracy. I recently did a 15 1/4 hour race and had to switch to 60s GPS fix for the last hour and the track suffered somewhat. Battery % showed 2% at the end.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
At last, a 5 sec GPS fix - really good to see the time quantified as 24h, so a 50% increase on the 1s fix rate. Combined with the ability to switch exercises mid way, that means for longer races you can still get good track accuracy. I recently did a 15 1/4 hour race and had to switch to 60s GPS fix for the last hour and the track suffered somewhat. Battery % showed 2% at the end.
I bring along a charging pack as a little extra weight in my pack is worth having the 1 sec fixes (plus its for the Trackpod as well). Besides, I'm not in any races and just want to finish.

I wonder if the 5 sec fix would mean 5 sec recorded trackpoints. If so, then that would be better than the 15 sec trackpoint intervals I get now at hiking pace.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I wonder if the 5 sec fix would mean 5 sec recorded trackpoints. If so, then that would be better than the 15 sec trackpoint intervals I get now at hiking pace.
The 5 sec update is a maximum of 5 seconds looking at the log. I have sections up to 19 seconds without an update.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Nice features indeed. Now there are all the biggest things people have wished for since the beginning of Ambit1. But the track back navigation is stil as crow flies from point to point, so some will not be satisfied. But I am. It's a magnificient piece of equipment. Running cadence from the internal accelometer and support for external temperature sensor are the things I wish for, the cadence is for other users needing such data, for me it's not any nescessary, and the temp sensor is for us here in the Finnish winter! :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
It's getting better, so always hope for more.

How do you change the GPX fix time when using the watch, I could not find how to do this?

·
Registered
24 Posts
But the track back navigation is stil as crow flies from point to point, so some will not be satisfied.
At least I get a full recorded path with some POIs as well for trackback, similar to route navigation?

Nice update, I'm especially happy for new sunrise/sunset!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
How do you change the GPX fix time when using the watch, I could not find how to do this?
You select it under "show advanced settings" in customisation tab in Movescount.

If you want to change the update time while recording a move you need to have made several profiles before hand eg Hike 1sec, Hike 5sec, Hike 60sec then use the change sport (hold lap) to change as the conditions change.

·
Registered
115 Posts
You select it under "show advanced settings" in customisation tab in Movescount.

If you want to change the update time while recording a move you need to have made several profiles before hand eg Hike 1sec, Hike 5sec, Hike 60sec then use the change sport (hold lap) to change as the conditions change.
Thanks, I knew how to do it in movescount. Thought that there must of been a way in a single profile exercise mode, the ability to record at 1sec intervals, then if battery was getting low to keep the same activity going and just change the recording level to 5 secs?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Nice features indeed. Now there are all the biggest things people have wished for since the beginning of Ambit1. But the track back navigation is stil as crow flies from point to point, so some will not be satisfied. But I am. It's a magnificient piece of equipment. Running cadence from the internal accelometer and support for external temperature sensor are the things I wish for, the cadence is for other users needing such data, for me it's not any nescessary, and the temp sensor is for us here in the Finnish winter! :)
See my other post, you are incorrect as there is now a true Trackback feature

·
Registered
88 Posts
wow! This seems to be a pretty SWEET update! 5 sec recording intervals, sunrise sunset, and track back all in the same update!
I have to say, nearly all of my wish list items as an ex Fenix user are addressed in this update! Of course I haven't gotten out to use any of them yet,
but assuming they work well, NICE JOB SUUNTO!

Did anyone know this update was coming? I had been trolling around for rumors, but didn't see anything. I'm surprised they kept such a big update so quiet.
With the Ambit 1, it seemed that update announcements were made months in advance!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Did anyone know this update was coming? I had been trolling around for rumors, but didn't see anything. I'm surprised they kept such a big update so quiet.
With the Ambit 1, it seemed that update announcements were made months in advance!
Perhaps they didn't want to upset Ambit1 owners any more than necessary. I remember being miffed when I paid $700 for the X9 when it came out and a year later the X9i was released with more features, longer battery life, faster GPS aquisition times and a cheaper price ($500 I believe). I got over it eventually as I realized getting a 1st gen product it comes with the territory.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
wow! This seems to be a pretty SWEET update! 5 sec recording intervals, sunrise sunset, and track back all in the same update!
I have to say, nearly all of my wish list items as an ex Fenix user are addressed in this update! Of course I haven't gotten out to use any of them yet,
but assuming they work well, NICE JOB SUUNTO!

I agree, many of the more substantive additions I wanted were made. They do listen to us so keep the suggestions flowing...if you have more.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts