WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interesting. A new Ambit model announced. Specifically targeting runners. Most likely competing with the lower budget GPS watches from Garmin etc. I imagine it'll be a cut down version of the 2S, without the multisport features. I can't make out any of the marketing text in the photo.

Product Design Technology Electronic device World

@OutdoorsNWMag Runners will rejoice with Suunto's newest offering, Ambit 2R just released today at Outdoor Retailer! #Suuntousa Runners will rejoice with Suunto's newest offering, Ambi... on Twitpic

Link to Tweet:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is what I think it says:

Suunto Ambit2 R is optimised for your perfect running experience. Built-in gps and accelerometer powered accurate pace, speed, cadence and distance, while full route navigation offers you the freedom to explore. Heart rate monitoring, training plans and running apps make it easy to improve and keep track of every aspect of your performance. Discover a new dimension of running.

PLAN, ANALYZE AND SHARE YOUR RUNS IN MOVESCOUNT.COM
RUNNING SPECIFIC SUUNTO APPS
ROUTE NAVIGATION, 12HR BATTERY LIFE WITH GPS ACTIVATED

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hopefully this will be a feature in the next firmware release as the last update was pretty useless....hardware should be capable i think as ambit2 has an accelerometer. Please Suunto, give us cadence and proper training plans! And also fix the faulty display of 'battery power left'.....suunto ambit2 needs further development!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hopefully this will be a feature in the next firmware release as the last update was pretty useless....hardware should be capable i think as ambit2 has an accelerometer. Please Suunto, give us cadence and proper training plans! And also fix the faulty display of 'battery power left'.....suunto ambit2 needs further development!
x2!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here we go:

Suunto launches Ambit2 R, the GPS for runners - Suunto

Sounds like as well as cadence, it'll also have ability to display/track planned workouts on the watch: "You can plan your own moves, or download complete training programs from Movescount.com. The watch reminds you of daily targets, tracks target completion, and provides speed and intensity guidance while you run."

They had better make this update available for the 2/2S! :)

·
Registered
397 Posts
... "All new features will also be made available to Ambit2 and Ambit2 S users via a software upgrade later in spring."
Later in the spring? I want them NOW. (and I want them all). But kudos to Suunto for adding a number of the features that we've been requesting. Looks like some of them are coming in the form of Suunto developed Apps- which is pretty cool

1 - 20 of 27 Posts