WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased my Ambit2 in October 2013 from Amazon. Trouble free until today. Looked down at my watch to find this! Never been dropped or hit against anything. No major changes in temperature exposure. Submerged in water only in daily shower and pool swimming.

Beyond the return date for Amazon and Suunto lists no authorized dealers/repairs in Costa Rica where I live now. So is this $489 down the tubes?

ambit2_broken_small.jpg

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Beyond the return date for Amazon and Suunto lists no authorized dealers/repairs in Costa Rica where I live now. So is this $489 down the tubes?
If yo have your receipt, Suunto Finland will always honour your warranty....you will be up for postage though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No. I wear the Ambit2 as a daily timepiece and went to sleep with it working fine. Woke up the next morning and when I glanced at the watch it had developed this problem overnight. So not from a botched or interrupted update.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am going to print out my original Amazon order/invoice and send the watch back to the U.S. with my mom, who is here visiting Costa Rica now. Hopefully she can forward it on to SUUNTO.

If yo have your receipt, Suunto Finland will always honour your warranty....you will be up for postage though.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
My mate's Ambit developed a screen problem. The contrast would "fade" to 5% after a couple of minutes use and become almost unreadable. Going into settings the contrast was indeed set at 5% and you could change it back to 50% again and it would all be fine for another 10 minutes or so then it happened again....
Force firmware did not fix it.
Obviously a software problem not hardware but thought I would document for reference.
Replaced by Suunto without question (18 months old).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts