WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Another question concerning viewing the map with tracks and in which modes it is visible.
I am talking about this screen:
View attachment 1226212

I was actually hoping that this screen would be visible during navigation to a waypoint (or POI as what Suunto calls them)

As far as I know viewing the map with tracks/traces is:

viewable only during navigating a route
not viewable during navigating to a POI
not viewable during an exercise (unless it would be able to do so in an app?)

This coming weekend I will go sailing in Frieslad/Netherlands and would like to know if it is possible to navigate and leave a track/trace and view it at the same time.

Thanks!
iapyx

·
Registered
24 Posts
You can use it while exercising too (just enter the settings > navigation) while in exercise to get additional navi screen.

There are no tracks for single POIs, thats why there are no track navigation i assume.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Joonatan,

I did what you describe bit don't see any additional navi screen at settings > navigation while in exercise mode.
I am probably doing something wrong....

·
Registered
771 Posts
Hi Joonatan,

I did what you describe bit don't see any additional navi screen at settings > navigation while in exercise mode.
I am probably doing something wrong....
Go to settings -> navigation -> route .. and turn on a route you created on Movescount before and stored in the watch.
Or, if you want to use a track from a prior move still in the watch's memory, go to settings -> navigation -> logbook and choose the date of the move you want to retrace in order to follow its route.
If you want to retrace your steps during an exercise: navigation -> trackback

If you're just seeing the screen with the next POI when a route is active, hit the "view" button to change to the track display for the total route or at 200m (or other, if that still depends on position and track) resolution.

Have a look here for videos of some of those use cases.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Go to settings -> navigation -> route .. and turn on a route you created on Movescount before and stored in the watch.
Or, if you want to use a track from a prior move still in the watch's memory, go to settings -> navigation -> logbook and choose the date of the move you want to retrace in order to follow its route.
If you want to retrace your steps during an exercise: navigation -> trackback

If you're just seeing the screen with the next POI when a route is active, hit the "view" button to change to the track display for the total route or at 200m (or other, if that still depends on position and track) resolution.

Have a look here for videos of some of those use cases.
Hi Gerald,
It's a bit different: I don't want to follow a track or do a trackback.
Maybe what I want is not possible: I would like to exercise, just biking around e.g. and in the meantime while I am biking I would like to see the track/trace I am leaving behind.

In fact it is exactly what a device like the garmin Etrex does (if you know that device). No maps, just a track that is left behind for you to see where you travel.

Thanks !!
iapyx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts