WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought about creating a thread for the Vostok Amfibia line of diver watches,like Seaman Red Sea and Reef.Seems they are a bit overlooked and i believe they deserve more interest,you can post pics/impressions if you own one.
I have an orange Seaman for a year now (plus a Red Sea i bought from Smirs a few days ago coming from Russia) and from the 15 Vostoks i have Seaman is probably the most solid.Is well build,looks great and keeps good time.Plus it has a nice bracelet with solid links.Only small flaw i can see it that the crown is a bit small and harder to use than the larger one on classic Amphibians.Some would complain that there is no ‘B’ Vostok logo on the dial,but this is not a big deal for me.All in all,a great summer watch.
Now some ignore these watches because they don’t look very ‘Russian’ This must be one of the reasons we don’t have many owners here.I used to be like this a couple years ago,concentrating on getting watches with Cyrillic text etc.Not anymore,it is enough for me if the watch is assembled in Russia and has a Russian mov inside.

The inspiration of most Amfibias is obviously the popular affordable divers like Mako and Monster but i’d rather have a Seaman over them any day.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I'm waiting for the new 2012 series. We got a preview a while back, and they were very cool -- though I can't seem to find the photos now. Anyone heard any news about these lately?

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
View attachment 686703 View attachment 686704 View attachment 686705 View attachment 686706 View attachment 686707
Not your average diver :)
Such a well made stunner.
There are times when I feel for Vostok as they make some amazing pieces yet hardly any mention of them. Granted lack of marketing must have a big part to play but...why.
See, I love that exact K-34...I love the BLACK Reef and I want to add both to my collection. I also think that the price point (which I think is AWESOMELY low for what you get) as well as a lack of marketing plays(ed) a part in low sales. I will have one of each....don't doubt me. :)

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I believe that Vostok made a giant leap with this series of amfibia!!! I wear my Reef all the time, it gives the impression of being indestructible! I'd also like to add the red and black sea to my collection it's a good thing for us that they do not cost much! Take Steinhart Ocean for example, very nice no doubt costs twice as much great quality i wouldn't mind having one but....it's not the same.....to me Vostok watches have that special thing that separates them from the rest....

Attachments

·
Banned
127 Posts
I believe that Vostok made a giant leap with this series of amfibia!!! I wear my Reef all the time, it gives the impression of being indestructible! I'd also like to add the red and black sea to my collection it's a good thing for us that they do not cost much! Take Steinhart Ocean for example, very nice no doubt costs twice as much great quality i wouldn't mind having one but....it's not the same.....to me Vostok watches have that special thing that separates them from the rest....
That black Reef is nice! I wish I could find one. The only ones I can find out there are the blue and orange ones.

·
Banned
127 Posts
Looks like Vostok doesn't make the black reef anymore :-( I asked Evgeny at Smirs and his reply was ' there is almost zero chances that black reef will be in stock again'
That's a bummer! :(

I remember there was a thread not too long ago about a new style of Amfibia coming soon, and there were pictures of prototypes in it. They look very nice and here's hoping they come out soon!

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Very nice watches. They caught my eye a little while ago perusing zenzitar and menanom's sites. still sitting on the fence on whether to get a few amphibians (teal dude, white face with blue sailing boat, or perhaps an "amphidierski" with a kommandierski motif), or a single reef or seaman.

I read somehwere that the old amphibian are actually more solid and better divers than the new amFibia? Any truth in that?

Thx

DD

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, it is a pity :-:) I think that it´s a great watch and the black reef with bracelet will be ....|>:p
Mine is from m-uhren.
I wish a had bought a black Reef from Tetyana when she still had them in stock.

I read somehwere that the old amphibian are actually more solid and better divers than the new amFibia? Any truth in that?

Thx

DD
If you mean waterproofing I don’t know if Amfibians are actually better or not...For sure classic Amphibians are well known as an excellent diver watch design.

However both my Seaman and my newly arrived Red Sea have a much better build quality and finish than my 420 and Ministry Amphibians.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Some quick pics of my newly arrived Red Sea.Compared to the Seaman this is a significantly larger and heavier watch.Next to a classic Amphibian it looks and feels like a battleship.The black ring around the bezel is definitely PVD coated steel,just like the crown.
Bracelet is made with solid links like the one on my Seaman but the design is different and it is wider (22mm vs 20mm).Thick and with a size of 44mm this is clearly the largest watch i can comfortably wear (i have a 17cm wrist)
The most distinct hallmark of the Red Sea is the massive rectangular crown guards.Just like the Seaman,the only flaw i can see is that the crown is not as easy to use as the one on the classic Amphibians.On the Seaman b/c the crown is smaller.On the Red Sea the size of the crown is the same as on the Amphibians but, b/c of the big guards,a little harder to use.
However the large guards do give a chunky-macho style to the watch,so is like sacrificing some comfort for extra style!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 77 Posts