WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I recently got an Amphibia from meranom, and while I love the watch, the date wheel has been problematic from the start. It wouldn’t fully align, which I just chalked up to being a quirk of the amphibia, until the date stopped changing. A few weeks ago it was changing over ok, despite not always being fully aligned, but last night it just couldn’t make the transition to the 1st. Does anyone know what I should do?

·
Registered
802 Posts
Personally, if it's still within warranty, I'd see about returning it - I've just replaced a complete movement due to that problem (date wheel not turning) on a 2416B - when I took the old movement out, a broken brass(?) bit fell out - mine was about 20 years old though!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Send it back ....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, with both the rolling back to 8 then to midnight trick as well as rolling in through a whole 24 hours, neither can convince it to move.
It would be a major bummer to send it back, but if I have to I will. It just took so, so long to get here. :(

·
Registered
802 Posts
As it's new, bite the bullet and get in touch with Meranom to let them know, at least then if it takes a while to get back to them, they'll know it's on its way.
Just hope that this 'crisis' with international packages is nearly over, and packets are being shipped more regularly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts