WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I noticed something strange on some of the new Amphibians - look at the lume dots on this one -

710395n.jpg

Love the new bezel, but the dots are rather weird, they look misplaced on the odd markers... Anyone else noticed this?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Yep, they're all going that way. I lucked out and picked up the green dial of that one you posted, with the raised markers from Zenitar about 3 weeks ago.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I have the teal version en route, really hoping it's the old dial... at least the picture says so... really unfortunate to see such a decision...

·
Registered
375 Posts
Well, I have the teal version en route, really hoping it's the old dial... at least the picture says so... really unfortunate to see such a decision...
Where'd you get it from? Zenitar? Mine was form him and was exactly as pictured.

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
On the Amphibian that I mod'ed to hat I called the 'Mil-Spec', the 4 o'clock lume dot was off and the 8 o'clock lume dot looked almost smeared a bit. They are using some template or machine to apply the dots with, and it's 'off kilter'.

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
temchik,

I feel that the design of this dial requires the lume dots for the even number hour markers to be closer to the edge but the odd number ones closer to the middle, somehow the production department messed up and used the existing lume application machine, thus making them all at the same distance from the middle.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I have bought Amphibia exactly with this kind of dial and to be honest, I did not even notice those dots and their places before I pulled the trigger. But I have to say also when I took the watch in my hands, this dial looks better than on pictures and I do not see so big problem personally. Maybe even they put it there on purpose as dots are on all dials on the same places, along the edge of the dial. It is hard to say really.

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Maybe enough customer complaints finally got Vostok off their collective a$$e$ and they've done it right now.

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
I don't think so, as you said, all sellers sell Amphibias with this kind of dial and on all of them dots are on the same places, along the edge. So, maybe they put it there on purpose, to save on production costs or it is a mistake and only a few people noticed it. I admit I did not notice it on first, when I saw that new 2012 dial.
OK, maybe not. :-d

1 - 14 of 14 Posts