WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe you remember that last October, during a dive session, my "ministry" started to leak while diving by 20 m depth. Fortunately, the salted water did not penetrate more that the exhaust of the stem tube in the case. :-(

Then it was easy to repair by just a thorough cleaning.

The movement and dial were intact and the most important was to remove any traces of salt that could remain.

My impression was that the crown has a dirt underneath the gasket that caused the leak and/or was not properly closed.

I reassembled the whole with a tiny film of silicon grease on the gasket.

I did not find the time to have the watch tested but I went twice to the swimming pool afterward with showers without problem and I decided to bring it along again a week ago for a new dive session near Toulon, France.

We dove to maximum 26 m (ca 40-45 min each) on saturday Nov. 24 and sunday Nov. 25. Near that two rocks (called "the two brothers") :

Everything went OK. It was a sort of diving examination to get new competences for rescuing and to do full autonomy diving...:p

The Amphibia ministry was perfect, even not a single stratch after the session. Just a nice rincing with soft water after the dives...what a dive watch ! :-!

·
Registered
77 Posts
The movement and dial were intact and the most important was to remove any traces of salt that could remain.

Hello, Marc,
How do you clean the crown? Clear water?

Everything went OK. It was a sort of diving examination to get new competences for rescuing and to do full autonomy diving...:p

Oh my God!!! What are you doing??? (It's a shame!) :-d

Cheers,
Michel

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello, Marc,
How do you clean the crown? Clear water?
Yes clear water and ultra-sounds .

Oh my God!!! What are you doing??? (It's a shame!) :-d

Cheers,
Michel
Yeah, diving can be "hot"...depending of the partner... :roll:

·
Registered
391 Posts
I had the same happen to my amphibia

but the stem rusted up badly even after cleaning it it would rust up again and I could not set the time or wind it - I replaced the crown and stem from a spare case I had and all was fine..... movement never got affected.

Could this be by design? ie. the stem would rust and seal the case from further water ingress?

if so hats off to the vostok designers...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts