WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this Vostok Amphibian with dial Komandirskie some time ago. All parts are original, amphibian case, 2416 movement, hands...I got a rather large collection of Vostoks and I know how to identify a franken and this is not.I got some old Komandirskie "1945-1985" but this the only one of this kind I have seen. An amphibian of this kind should have seen made some years later... or not....

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/3769/1005204u.jpg

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I think it's a genuine Vostok, but not a genuine dial. Here's a genuine WWII 1985 commemorative watch:

There are several differences between this and yours (though many different versions of this watch were made in many different cases). Aside from the fact that yours has a 1990s or 2000s case and bezel, word "Zakaz" on yours is spelled "3AKA3" instead of "Заказ" as in the one below:

Plus, there are missing lume dots and the red star is printed in a rather haphazard manner. Otherwise, you have a good Amphibian on your hands -- I'd enjoy it as-is, but if the dial bothers you, there are plenty of cheap dented-up junkers out there with perfectly good dials underneath.

·
Registered
260 Posts
That's a beautiful 1985 WWII commemorative watch you have there Mister Mike. I've never seen one in such great condition before. It's like new. I agree with your comments about JGMorato's Vostok Amphibian. The dial is definitely not genuine, although I'm sure everything else is. Here's my 1975 WWII commemorative watch. It has Заказ МО СССР on the dial, but this can't be seen clearly on my pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
That's a beautiful 1985 WWII commemorative watch you have there Mister Mike. I've never seen one in such great condition before. It's like new. I agree with your comments about JGMorato's Vostok Amphibian. The dial is definitely not genuine, although I'm sure everything else is. Here's my 1975 WWII commemorative watch. It has Заказ МО СССР on the dial, but this can't be seen clearly on my pics.
Very nice! And to give credit where credit is due, that's not my watch (I wish it was), but a photo from forum member Ill Phil's superb website on Soviet wristwatches

·
Registered
260 Posts
Very nice! And to give credit where credit is due, that's not my watch (I wish it was), but a photo from forum member Ill Phil's superb website on Soviet wristwatches
I thought I was beginning to conquer my addiction to Russian watches, but after looking at Ill Phil's website, I'm now back at square one! :p

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Fine commemorative Komandirskie! |> I like expecially the relief on the back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts