WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
image.jpg

Here is the last entry in my collection: a rare early Strela.
The sweeping hand needs to be replaced. I also need to order a strap: I think I will chose a bund strap made from a top alligator skin...

I ordered the watch from watch_repairer_78 on Ebay. Since I live now in Moscow, I ask the seller to send the chrono to my father's place in France. The watch arrived, he had 3 weeks to take the watch at the post office and... He just failed and the watch came back to Ukraine o|

At at some point I was afraid I had lost the watch, but watch_repairer_78 proved to be very reliable and solution oriented! Excellent seller.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Congratulations Mssr. K ! - a great addition to your collection. I hope you'll be able to find a correct blue sweep second hand.

·
Banned
153 Posts
Great catch, congrats! :-!

I didn't notice nor imagine that watch_repairer_78 could have had such a beauty in stock, since he is now offering for sale one of the worst FrankenStrelas one can possibly see: a cyrillic (fake) dial with a modern (fake) set of hands, mounted on a Poljot-crowned movement...:rodekaart

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
That's a nice addition; that one looks like it has a lot of character! Congrats on your new old Strela!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Great catch, congrats! :-!

I didn't notice nor imagine that watch_repairer_78 could have had such a beauty in stock, since he is now offering for sale one of the worst FrankenStrelas one can possibly see: a cyrillic (fake) dial with a modern (fake) set of hands, mounted on a Poljot-crowned movement...:rodekaart
For my ongoing education about this, can you send me a link for this, or PM it to me, thanks in advance.

And congrats to the OP!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dial is described as new, so it's pretty clear that watches are frankened.
It's also the buyers' responsibility to be well informed...

I only meant this seller was reliable and solution oriented, in case he would have again a nice Strela ;-)

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Keep the Nato strap! If you want to replace it, get a Cosmonaut orange one ;)
I think I will order from Altamarea a brown alligator strap with Army green thin stitching :)
All my chrono will soon be fitted with custom alligator or ostrich leg straps, and I will be done with my collection.

the only watch I would add is the Urofa, but not now...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts