1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Looks nice!

·
Registered
9,498 Posts
Don't have a clue what the before looked like or what you were trying to accomplish but I think it looks nice.

I like the plongeur hands as well. What kind of watch is that?

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
Don't have a clue what the before looked like or what you were trying to accomplish but I think it looks nice.

I like the plongeur hands as well. What kind of watch is that?
i also was wondering what or why you were cutting - normally these bracelets are short anyway -certainly the Omega bracelets are , and generally need an extension for most reasonably sized wrists

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was cutting the mesh bracelet with a dremel tool. It was about 3" too long. Had to use a cutting disc to slice through each section of the links as I trimmed a row at a time. This watch used to have a leather strap. I don't think I'd do this again. Too much work.

·
Registered
15,274 Posts
Different, cool!!

Reactions: MarkingTime

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
I was cutting the mesh bracelet with a dremel tool. It was about 3" too long. Had to use a cutting disc to slice through each section of the links as I trimmed a row at a time. This watch used to have a leather strap. I don't think I'd do this again. Too much work.
3 inches !! thats an extraordinary amount of superfluous steel for any normal bracelet!! forgive me but you seem to have a fairly large wrist already - was the original bracelet tailored for a giant;-)

·
Premium Member
7,672 Posts
A row at a time? Wasn't it possible to just cut it across the links that would make it fit?

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
This is interesting. I passed on one of his mesh bracelets because I thought it would only fit an 8" wrist. Can I ask which of his models you bought? This is exactly the kind I'm looking for-the adjustable ones taper and I don't care for the look.
Also I love the SkyGuardian. It's one of my favorite Androids. Congrats on the combo!

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Nice job. I have a mesh with finished ends and cut the clasp end on one side. But the unfinished end lug straps are for hidden lug watches and I hate seeing the springbars. The other day I had an idea maybe you might try and I'd change my mind. :)

I was doing a project and remembered I had black plastic shrink tubing for electrical work. The thinnest just might slide right on and be fine. Or a size up would need to be heated to fit. But That just might be a good look.

Bob

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is interesting. I passed on one of his mesh bracelets because I thought it would only fit an 8" wrist. Can I ask which of his models you bought? This is exactly the kind I'm looking for-the adjustable ones taper and I don't care for the look.
Also I love the SkyGuardian. It's one of my favorite Androids. Congrats on the combo!

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk
Hey man thanks!

Here's the link http://www.ebay.com/itm/310927724444

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice job. I have a mesh with finished ends and cut the clasp end on one side. But the unfinished end lug straps are for hidden lug watches and I hate seeing the springbars. The other day I had an idea maybe you might try and I'd change my mind. :)

I was doing a project and remembered I had black plastic shrink tubing for electrical work. The thinnest just might slide right on and be fine. Or a size up would need to be heated to fit. But That just might be a good look.

Bob
That's a great idea.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I can imagine the concentration, patience, and steady hand it took to work at for an hour. Really well done. I love great DIY projects like this. Thanks for sharing! :-!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts