WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Friends,

So about my lack of posts, with the new fiscal year starting and the end of the calender year, things have been hectic at work.

Anyway I am back to having some free time so I can participate more on this forum.Even though I have been busy with other things, I have remained alert to all things G Shock and have made a discovery.

I was shopping for Christmas gifts last week(yes I like to conclude all my shopping before the start of shopping season.) and I wandered into Target(a store in the USA and I think Canada) and saw they had a discontinued section of watches. The only Casio they had was a blue GW-300 that was being sold for $30 and I snapped it up quick(I always thought the Blue GW-300 was better looking then the black version)

It got me thinking was Casio discontinuing the blue GW-300 or was Target just not carrying it anymore?:think: A further check in the local Wal-mart and the other two Targets around my way and I also discovered that none of them had the black GW-300 ether and there was no plaque for them ether. There was a bunch of GW-500's, GW-330's (which Wally world has lowered the price from $84 to $68) and a bunch of MTG-9XX's . Could this be the end of the GW-300?? The casio website still has them up as being a current model but no stores around here (at least) are still carrying them now. Has the non-charging problems caught up with them?

Can anybody tell me if GW-300's are still being sold in your area?? I have not been to Costco as for about 5 months so I wonder if GW-300's are still for sale at Costco's??

As i type this I am wearing my GW-300 in blue and will keep it.

Cheers
Leon

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Hi Leon,

Was just at my local Costco(Montgomeryville,PA; suburbs of Philadelphia); saw a GW-300(Red) for sale, plus other "G"s & Casio's at a good price. Also at JC Penny(same area), there was a discount section for watches, many "G" in the bunch; when I asked "why discounted", answer was to make room for new shipments; a MTG, GW-500, & GW-5600 were in the display; nice prices too; I need to stop by there more often:-!

Brad

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Leon,

Was just at my local Costco(Montgomeryville,PA; suburbs of Philadelphia); saw a GW-300(Red) for sale, plus other "G"s & Casio's at a good price. Also at JC Penny(same area), there was a discount section for watches, many "G" in the bunch; when I asked "why discounted", answer was to make room for new shipments; a MTG, GW-500, & GW-5600 were in the display; nice prices too; I need to stop by there more often:-!

Brad
If I may ask what G-Shocks were discounted at your JCP?

How much was that GW-300 (red one) at your Costco? I am thinking I will have to make a stop at one of the two that are near me(one close to work and the other near home) How many were on sale there??

Thanks
Leon

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you got a good deal on the store you have near you

I also came across a deep-discounted blue GW-300 this week, at Kohls. You got a better deal than I did by $10! :)

All the Kohls near me have only Timex, Seiko and Citizen watches(no casio's) and they are some of the saddest looking watches for sale:-|

Cheers
Leon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts