WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Gang!

I thought I'd show off this, uh, "unusual" "Big Monster' watch I picked up a while ago. It's supposed to be a watch made in Norway and allegedly given to Norwegian medal winners at the LONDON Olympics. it's quartz powered, measures 43mm x 13mm, and has a pretty decent lume. Also has a screw down crown but am not certain of its WR rating. I paid only $60 on the Bay, so i'm not expecting too much. Case appears to be solid, though, but its rubber strap is kinda stiff. Still, it' not a bad piece for 'hacking' around. dave:

·
Premium Member
36,407 Posts
Nice. Certainly has the "Monster" look going for it.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
9,380 Posts
Hi, Gang!

I thought I'd show off this, uh, "unusual" "Big Monster' watch I picked up a while ago. It's supposed to be a watch made in Norway and allegedly given to Norwegian medal winners at the LONDON Olympics. it's quartz powered, measures 43mm x 13mm, and has a pretty decent lume. Also has a screw down crown but am not certain of its WR rating. I paid only $60 on the Bay, so i'm not expecting too much. Case appears to be solid, though, but its rubber strap is kinda stiff. Still, it' not a bad piece for 'hacking' around.
Good lord, no! "Nørsk" is like writing "Engländ" or "Löndön". "Norsk" means Norwegian, but with "o", not "ø". If these watches were actually given to Norwegian Olympic medal winners, they will have laughed out loud.

Coincidentally, today is the Norwegian Constitution Day. Heia Norge!! Clipboard01.jpg

·
Premium Member
9,485 Posts
Oh mate - that's not just any old knock off homage -monster - pseudo Omega PO hands, misspelt Norsk - ugh

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,699 Posts
Nice looking watch but I would rather just apply that money toward the real thing, Seiko Monster all the way.
+1

While not a scam, the ad or company looks to be a complete farce. They credit a Norwegian designer who reportedly custom designed these watches for the Norwegian Olympic medal winners in the 2012 London Olympics. Go figure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts