WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I found this in an antique shop, It's running well but otherwise it's showing it's age, so it's off to the watchmaker on Monday. The dial is pitted & water stained, & there is some rust on the hands. The domed crystal is scratch free & must be a fairly recent replacement. I'm curious about the bracelet, Made in Germany, it has about 6 patent's listed on the underside. I'm kind of hoping someone will tell me it's not original, as I don't really like the flexible style. Given that i can't get at the movement to photograph it, I'm hoping someone might be able to give an approximate date to the style of the watch?

Attachments

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
Re: An Old Manual Winding Seamaster

It's a fixoxlex (as it says a dozen times) and so was aftermarket. That's a nice example of a very early Seamaster, it will be a 285 or 286 in there, my money is on the 286, which is the very last variation on the 30T2 and has a modern balance and balance spring. A very useful and entirely usable classic. Congratulations!

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
Re: An Old Manual Winding Seamaster

congrats on your vintage omega. Those bracelet are hair pullers, but the watch will look great on a brown leather strap

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just a quick update to add pics of the movement, & the temporary strap I have put on it. I took it to a watchmaker this morning (not the one I usually go to), who took a look at it & wasn't too keen to touch it! I'll try my usual guy next time i'm in his area. The strap is a $10 'genuine leather' affair I had handy until I decide on a more appropriate replacement. The dial has an interesting two tone effect in a certain light.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
Well! a Seamaster with a 420. My mistake. You don't see that very often. Congratulations.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts