WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An ETA 1168 powered chronostop - but not the cheap pin lever type. Holding in the top button holds the hand, pushing in the bottom is the flyback. Sold for timing things under a minute, such as pulsation and I guess short races. Unlike the cheap chronostops, the watch continues to run and keep time, regardless of button pushing. Its quite an interesting thing, and apparently not too many were manufactured.

There was no movement shot on the ebay listing, so I took a gamble, gamble paid off, there could have been something nasty inside.

bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements: ETA 1168

Arrived today, all running well and functioning correctly.

New period sympathetic strap, and on to the wrist.

:-!

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,133 Posts
:-! Very interesting. I had heard of such an ETA but not seen one up close. It looks like it works on the same principle as the Ruhla 24-35, right down to the vertical clutch on the sweep hand.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Ha!

I was watching that listing. I wanted that watch badly.

Oh well, at least I can be happy it went to an enthusiast.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Well, thank you for not bidding then, it went rather cheaply I thought. I always appreciate that when it happens (which it rarely does). :-d
If I'm going to be honest, I got distracted that day on other tasks and totally missed when it ended. I was hoping to swoop in and scoop it up. :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts