WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A had a reminder on this watch on the vintage forum and realised I had not posted an update here. Since last posting this (in May/June?) I have had it serviced and a very minor tidy up. Still my absolute favourite vintage piece. Zenith built some beautiful watches.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Great vintage pieces guys..:-! :-! :-!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Do you place any significance on the lack of the gold applied star on the dial? I have seen several 60s vintage pieces with just the star outline like mine and wondered if it indicated a redial. The dial looks aged though, so if it is a redial it must be an old one.

Love that Kingston. Is there a link to Zenith?

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Kingston

I think the only link between the two is that they were Swiss watch manufacturers at the same time! I found that the Kingston watches were easier to afford as vintage ones, and really had some nice case designs. The movements, while nice looking, were rather plebian compared to Zenith's.

Cheers!

Dan

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
You are going to have to haunt eBay>>>

to find a case for your cal 40. That or go to a watch show where you can possibly try your movement and see if it fits. I used to think it was so easy, but found that matching a spare movement to a case or a spare case to a movement is very trying.

Best of luck my friend!!!

Dan

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Re: You are going to have to haunt eBay>>>

to find a case for your cal 40. That or go to a watch show where you can possibly try your movement and see if it fits. I used to think it was so easy, but found that matching a spare movement to a case or a spare case to a movement is very trying.

Best of luck my friend!!!

Dan
Yes, I know about these problems, and I had already tried almost anything. That´s why I tried here. C´mon folks, open your drawers !

louis

·
Registered
130 Posts

Yes, I know about these problems, and I had already tried almost anything. That´s why I tried here. C´mon folks, open your drawers !

louis
At Ebay item number 300063407698 .It seems it will
fit.But you may ask for case number first .
Happy New Year.santasmile
Hikmet

·
Registered
4,679 Posts

At Ebay item number 300063407698 .It seems it will
fit.But you may ask for case number first .
Happy New Year.santasmile
Hikmet
Hi there,

I got the case # from the seller now. Do you know, where to search which mvnt in which case ?
Regards

louis

·
Registered
130 Posts

Hi there,

I got the case # from the seller now. Do you know, where to search which mvnt in which case ?
Regards

louis
Hi Louis,
Best way is to ask from Zenith.At their web site there is
a link for asking questions for your vintage Zenith.You may ask with the case number.But this way takes some
time and may be you will not find the same item again.
I look for the item and it seems it is not sold yet.As a
Zenith collector I should buy it if I am in your shoes.
Another approach is I know a lot of old Sporto's have
Caliber 40 movement.May be somebody have an old sporto will look inside and inform us.
Best regards and A Happy New Year.
Hikmetsantasmile

·
Registered
4,679 Posts

Good morning Hikmet,

yes, I think you are right. I´m in touch with the seller. Let´s see.

Happy New Year !

...to the rest of the World as well.

louis

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
I think you missed a picture>>>>

We cannot see what it looks like.

I am happy the case fits. Good luck on the other parts as well!

Dan

1 - 20 of 26 Posts