WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like Ga-100's and Ga-110's are prime fodder for modding but more expensive Ana-digi's seem far less dismantle-able. Can anyone suggest other ana-digi's good for modding?

·
Registered
3,904 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I added a cyclops to mine. As a word of advise, if you do it, don't use Otto's extra large bullet shaped cyclops, use the next one down in size. I have the extra large and it flattens out a bit on top, making the best magnified viewing angle a bit off centre.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Ages ago I 'googled' cyclops to death but couldn't find anything listed! I wanted to do the exact same mod for the same watch. Would you mind posting a link of the supplier?

·
Registered
7,589 Posts
It seems like Ga-100's and Ga-110's are prime fodder for modding but more expensive Ana-digi's seem far less dismantle-able. Can anyone suggest other ana-digi's good for modding?
theyre popular for modding because there are hundreds of variations so it doesnt take much to swap them around and parts are readily available. higher end models have less variations and the risk is higher due to the costs involved. not to say we dont mod gwn's and gwg's but its more just swapping/remixing than actual modding (paint, dye, tints etc)

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I would love to switch this to a negative display but I'm too scared to take it apart. I've sold off all of my autos, citizens and Gs so right now this is my only watch.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Now in possession of a 2.5 mag cyclops in sapphire. Just a 'dry' run as glue still to arrive. I know it'll not be to everyone's taste, but when you get eyes that have worked for well over half a century, it's a very practical modification!

GWa1100 cyclops.jpg

·
Registered
561 Posts
This thread is old, but I strayed in from a link and happened to have recently modded an old AMW-320R which fits the title :

The bezel is perfect size for switching with flat SKX inserts. I've got another one coming in that I'm planning on doing some dial, hands, and crystal modding as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts