WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a unique holiday opportunity to pull the trigger on a Frogman, which will be my first. I have a wide variety of other G's, but am told that the Frogman is the bee's knees and a must in any G collection, as if I needed more convincing to get one, haha.

For those of you that have both, should I start with the classic digital design, or go in on the new analog?

·
Registered
Unabashed Casio G-Shock fanboy
8,076 Posts
Although the Frogs aren’t too comfortable for me, I’ve always loved the digital ones. The last gen were ideal if only they wore better on my small wrists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
383 Posts
The real answer is ONE OF EACH!!!!

joking aside, Im a fan of both and its a really hard decision for me. But the blue analog frog is what I'd spend my money on. Its such a good looking watch. I'm actually looking to pick one up in the next month or two.

Whatever you decide make sure you update us with picssss!

·
Registered
844 Posts
As a SCUBA diver, I love the GWF-D1000 so much that I bought several.

There has never been anything like it ever in the SCUBA diving market past and present. It combines the functions of a Scubapro Digital Depth Meter, a logbook, a solar / MB6 / worldtime G-Shock watch, along with an awesome 3-axis compass, tide and moon phase display, all stuffed into a solid chunk of screwback stainless steel with a thick-as-nuts sapphire crystal. Pretty much the ultimate tool-diver IMHO, and a perfect complement to my console dive computer. I call it my "little dive buddy" :)

But if you aren't a SCUBA diver, I don't know why you'd ever buy the GWF-D1000 unless you really, really, really love the look.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I prefer a screwback Frogman. Eventually the battery on ALL solar G-Shocks will weaken and need to be replaced. With a screwback I can do it myself for $10 or less.

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
Digital for sure.

The whole idea of a Gshock is the shock resistance. Watch hands are one of the weak links when it comes to shock resistance.

Putting hands on a Gshock was not done for shock resistance. It was done for looks, sales and customer preference.

But if you prefer hands. Hands it is.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks all so far! Full disclosure, not a SCUBA diver. Maybe the occasional pool, ocean dip, or hot tub, haha. Also, wrist size is a shade less than 7", so either way this will be a huge puck on my wrist. I get by with the Rangeman and Gulfmaster without looking ridiculous, so there's that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Personally I think the red analog is the best looking of the bunch, but I think you're going to see a lot more recommendations for digital on here. People love their digital Frogs... :)
Question: Does anyone know what model or type 5600 comes with red digits on the diplay?

1 - 20 of 100 Posts