WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Somewhat off topic, but just realized looking at the watch face from directly overhead, the Frogman profile actually LOOKS like a frog when viewing the reptile from above. Button guards on left representative of bugged out eyes, asymmetric case like an asymmetric frog body, wrapped sensor area the tail, legs folded underneath.

Is this an, um yeah what took you so long, moment? Or a revelation of form and function?

Either way have one in the mail, will post up what I got (analog or digital) hopefully before this weekend.

Thanks all!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Eaten any "funny" mushrooms lately?

·
Registered
Samsung Gear S3 Frontier. Rolex Submariner 116610LN. Citizen Super Titanium CA0021-53E
1,901 Posts
Somewhat off topic, but just realized looking at the watch face from directly overhead, the Frogman profile actually LOOKS like a frog when viewing the reptile from above. Button guards on left representative of bugged out eyes, asymmetric case like an asymmetric frog body, wrapped sensor area the tail, legs folded underneath.

Is this an, um yeah what took you so long, moment? Or a revelation of form and function?
Pass me some of that stuff, dude 😆 Now I can't unsee it

·
Registered
Samsung Gear S3 Frontier. Rolex Submariner 116610LN. Citizen Super Titanium CA0021-53E
1,901 Posts
Quartz = Digital
Mechanical = Analog

Messing with those basic formulas never appeals to me.
Come to think of it, I don't have any quartz analogs besides the 2 Citizen Eco-drives. I don't have a non-solar quartz analog watch.

All my quartz watches are digital or ana-digi G-Shocks, except for the 2 Citizen Eco-drives.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Very unique to have one of these. Without fail, when I first put it on, I'm all "whoa, this is laughingly large, overkill, and ridiculous". Fast forward less than an hour later, and I switch to "dang this is just right, just enough, and perfect. Should get another colorway?" :unsure:

·
Registered
7,901 Posts
Digital for sure.

The whole idea of a Gshock is the shock resistance. Watch hands are one of the weak links when it comes to shock resistance.

Putting hands on a Gshock was not done for shock resistance. It was done for looks, sales and customer preference.

But if you prefer hands. Hands it is.
but what if the hands and movements were engineered to be just as shock resistant, like what theyve done for almost as long as they have with digitals?
also they didnt add hands to shock resistance, they took the most popular watch format and made it better ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
I got certified what seems like ages ago now. I've dived numerous times in the Caribbean and love the waters there. Bahamas was fun with sharks however my favorite has been walls and wreck diving in the Cayman Islands (Grand Cayman specifically).

As many pointed out, when diving you rely on dive computers. I simply use my Frogman as a distant backup and just because I like to wear something. My favorite froggie is the 2nd gen DW-8200 I purchased brand new in 98. I also have a GWF1000 which I like but the more raw and bare bone vibe of the DW-8200 speaks to me. The analog didn't speak to me when I tried it on. I'll probably end up getting one anyway. If you don't yet, you'll know how that goes (haha).

Also, honestly for rec diving if you want to take a wrist watch, any G would work. These kinds of coral, marine life and wreck dives etc for fun aren't deeper than 50-60 meters at most, usually.

And of course, all this is moot if you just want the Froggie for looks and if it simply appeals to you. I have seen many a desk divers doing 9-5 wearing Froggies at the office and if it makes you happy, definitely get it!

Cheers

Edit:
Saw you got the GWF1000. Good choice and wear it in good health OP! :)

·
Registered
29,778 Posts
I got certified what seems like ages ago now. I've dived numerous times in the Caribbean and love the waters there. Bahamas was fun with sharks however my favorite has been walls and wreck diving in the Cayman Islands (Grand Cayman specifically).

As many pointed out, when diving you rely on dive computers. I simply use my Frogman as a distant backup and just because I like to wear something. My favorite froggie is the 2nd gen DW-8200 I purchased brand new in 98. I also have a GWF1000 which I like but the more raw and bare bone vibe of the DW-8200 speaks to me. The analog didn't speak to me when I tried it on. I'll probably end up getting one anyway. If you don't yet, you'll know how that goes (haha).

Also, honestly for rec diving if you want to take a wrist watch, any G would work. These kinds of coral, marine life and wreck dives etc for fun aren't deeper than 50-60 meters at most, usually.

And of course, all this is moot if you just want the Froggie for looks and if it simply appeals to you. I have seen many a desk divers doing 9-5 wearing Froggies at the office and if it makes you happy, definitely get it!

Cheers

Edit:
Saw you got the GWF1000. Good choice and wear it in good health OP! :)
Awesome Some underwater shots perhaps sometimes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

81 - 100 of 100 Posts