WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently wear a Timex, but want to upgrade to something less pedestrian. The problem is I use the Indiglo backlight often, and don't really care for watches with lume. I only need my watch to light up when I look at the time and don't want it to be glowing all the time. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I also have the Victorinox Night Vision II, and it has a button on the side that illuminates the entire dial with a blue LED light for about 5 seconds. Seems to satisfy your needs.

Good luck

·
Registered
6,270 Posts
Depends on your budget.

Omega X33 or Breithling B1 or Aerospace will fit the non-pedestrian bill.

Photograph courtesy of Zaphod @ WUS

I believe Aerospace/B1 only has light on the digital portion though.

·
Premium Member
7,748 Posts
The Casio MTG-1500 has a backlight that can be set up to go on when you move your wrist to look at the watch in the dark (auto backlight), or just when you push a button:

It is a combination analog/digital.

HTH

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Also, keep in mind, that once you get beyond the Timex price range, a lot of watches have loom that will keep the hands/numbers lit brightly for hours and hours. My Citizen Eco Drive Pro Diver is good for several hours. Folks here with Seiko Dive watches say they will last all night.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
I currently wear a Timex, but want to upgrade to something less pedestrian. The problem is I use the Indiglo backlight often, and don't really care for watches with lume. I only need my watch to light up when I look at the time and don't want it to be glowing all the time. Any suggestions?

You wont get a brighter light than this.

It can also be set to light when you turn the wrist to check the time.

Mitch

1 - 9 of 9 Posts