WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the first lid it says:
X

On the second lid it says the same as on the first lid exept that in stead of 3743 it says:

Also on both of the lids there are 2 squares and inside the biggest one there is a squirrel. In the smallest I cant see what there is inside.

On the third lid it says:Ancre Spiral Bureguet
16 Rubis Chaton
Balancies Champense
Levies Visibles

Maybe I have miss spelled some of the words, in that case just let me know.

There are also 6 coin looking things over the text on the 3rd lid.

It weighs : pocket watch 100 grams, chain 10 grams

Does anyone know the value of this watch? I got it from my dad and would like to know as Im gonna counter gift him, he he.

Attachments

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,146 Posts
Well, for a start, it will be worth it's (case) weight in (14K = 58.5%) gold. Plus what the watch is worth as a timepiece. To you, that should mean: priceless (it is a family heirloom) but to any other mortal, it will be somewhat less than that. How much? Depends on the quality of what's inside. If it turns out to be a Tiffany's or Patek Philippe, it will be quite a lot but that is unlikely. The inscriptions point to an above average quality movement (compensating balance, Breguet hairspring, 16 jewels with at least on in a chaton - a gold fitting). It would be nice to see the movement but I hope you undestand that we won't be able to give an accurate appraisal of the value down to one or two dozen $$$ - there is a forum sticky explaining why.

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
2 Posts
On the first lid it says:
X

On the second lid it says the same as on the first lid exept that in stead of 3743 it says:

Also on both of the lids there are 2 squares and inside the biggest one there is a squirrel. In the smallest I cant see what there is inside.

On the third lid it says:Ancre Spiral Bureguet
16 Rubis Chaton
Balancies Champense
Levies Visibles

Maybe I have miss spelled some of the words, in that case just let me know.

There are also 6 coin looking things over the text on the 3rd lid.

It weighs : pocket watch 100 grams, chain 10 grams

Does anyone know the value of this watch? I got it from my dad and would like to know as Im gonna counter gift him, he he.
Well, for a start, it will be worth it's (case) weight in (14K = 58.5%) gold. Plus what the watch is worth as a timepiece. To you, that should mean: priceless (it is a family heirloom) but to any other mortal, it will be somewhat less than that. How much? Depends on the quality of what's inside. If it turns out to be a Tiffany's or Patek Philippe, it will be quite a lot but that is unlikely. The inscriptions point to an above average quality movement (compensating balance, Breguet hairspring, 16 jewels with at least on in a chaton - a gold fitting). It would be nice to see the movement but I hope you undestand that we won't be able to give an accurate appraisal of the value down to one or two dozen $$$ - there is a forum sticky explaining why.

Hartmut Richter
We have same watch from family in Sweden. #2231

Kerstin

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,146 Posts
Welcome to Watchuseek! Any chance of some pictures? Particularly the bit the previous poster missed: the movement?! It would help a lot.

Hartmut Richter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts