WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
The blue dialed version looks good, shame it's not a fully lumed bezel and a 9015 at it heart.

·
Registered
15,812 Posts
Blimey, they are pumping out the designs aren't they?!

Really like the look of this one (almost as much as the bull shark.......), but the 42mm diameter puts me off.

·
Registered
12,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I guess the use of Seiko is to keep the costs down + deliver faster? the dial reminds me of my Sawtooth

HEOSP31.jpg

Still not sure how I feel, I don't have that damn shut up and take my money feeling about it, but then I have been wrong before, I didn't feel much towards the Scout Sniper, Osprey, Poseidon, Batail in renders but in the flesh they grew on me. On the other hand I've felt disappointed before also where the real thing didn't stack up to the hype like the Scorpionfish or Steinharts.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
The hands are goofy...no go. Looks like a bad Chr. Ward homage.
I was thinking the same thing about looking like Christopher Ward with those hands. Although I love my C60, this one is a no-go for me.

Reactions: Riddim Driven

·
Banned
206 Posts
Pre-orders galore for these guys. You can not say they are not ambitious! I think they are winning me over and I just may take a leap and get in the lineup for one.

Bull Shark or Seafarer II would be my first move.

·
Registered
12,807 Posts
I think they are trying for this

I love a lot about the borealis version but the hands don't work for me. I get its a classic old school Mercedes vibe but I have never loved Rolex, Bremont or chr ward hands.

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
I am not keen on the hands too. And the dial seems quite similar to the last model, Bull Shark, both starting render of "big eyes" (maxi dots).

If they change to MilSub hands and slightly smaller dot indices, it might be better.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
You know what? I like it. Even the hands. One good thing about them is there's no way you can confuse them at a quick glance. And they aren't actually Mercedes hands (which I've come to hate on anything but an Explorer-style dial). There is also a no-date option which is very appealing to me. And a white dial option. C'mon, how many white dialed divers are there these days? And I really don't mind the Seiko movment. Yes, 28,000 bph would be nicer, but not a deal breaker for me and certainly not on a watch that's going to be worn while fishing, swimming snorkeling etc... Half the time I won't have my glasses on, and heck if I could even tell I had a hi-beat movement without them. Frankly, most of the time, I can't tell even with them on...

This looks to me far less homage-y than the Bull Shark or Estoril. Not knocking the homages, I really like the Estoril as I love the older Seamaster 300, and there's no way I could afford one, at least not to wear and do what I'd like to do with it, so to the extent that this hearkens to the older Bremonts or other divers with the lollipop or whatever you call the hands, it doesn't bug me in the least. The blue or white dial, no-date works for me. Looking forward to seeing the pricing on these.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Latest update on the proposed Cascais dive watch ....

Originally slated to come with the SII NH35, after obtaining some samples, and in-put and feedback from members in the Forum, the Cascais will now come with a Swiss made STP1-11 !

This movement can now be found in the Zodiac Heritage Sea Wolf and Super Sea Wolf, among a few others.

Also, there will be a second choice of Pencil hands, as well as the originally proposed Cathederal hands.

The Cascais will be offered with the X1 Grade lume, which is the highest grade of Super Luminova, in C3 X1 and C1 X1 for the various models.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts