WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I've received this morning a new GW-056E. I've been tempted to buy this one for the last months, but i wasn't able to decide. Now that i've pulled the trigger, i'm really happy. I'm a big fan of G-shocks that have a DW-5600-like look. IMO, the GW-056 on the wrist looks like the new millenium DW-5600b-) . Plus, is one of the most confortable watches i've ever owned. Highly reccomended to anyone who wants a non eye-catching futuristic G that also has bit of retro in it:p .
Here a couple of pics (maybe my last watches pics for 2006...Happy new year to all of you!!!santasmile )

Best Regards
JK

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice, its definitely bigger than one would suggest :)
Hi stockae92,
You're right, it's not a small watch and it does not feel small. I weared it all the day, and it really integrates well on the wrist:-! . Great ergonomics IMO.

Regards
JK

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,587 Posts
Hi Johnny,

I have the similar model with a negative display. I must say that your model looks very clear. I read Xaviers post earlier this week complaining about the way the digits are composed. Watching your pictures it looks pretty cool to me now...

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Sjors,
I've read that post too, but for me the "lined" display is just as readable as any other G Shock i own. The digits looks slightly less "marked" than the traditional ones, but only if look at them closely, and the big size of them greatly compensate this issue. Before buying the watch i've handled both the basic and the reverse display version and i have to say that in a close comparison the reverse display is definitely less readable. But maybe is just a matter of taste:) .

Regards
JK

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Good looking watch. I would have considered getting one because it is Tough Solar; however, the buttons are too difficult for my big fingers to depress while on my wrist. :-d

·
Registered
179 Posts
I agree that the GW is the "new millenium" DW. The buttons can be hard to press sometimes, but that's a small price to pay for the lower profile.

--msa

1 - 8 of 8 Posts