WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A man with three.....oh, wait, not that one! ;-)

I LOVE the rice bead bracelet, but in hot sticky summertime weather I prefer leather, NATO or rubber straps. I'd been looking for something cool for the D'Star and finally found one I like. Got it from Bill Mahoney (Squinky on the various sales fora) on ebay the other day. Leather, very comfortable, looks great, and excellent price.

Paul

·
Registered
244 Posts
Very nice combo Paul! :-!

For me though, I usually reach for the bracelets, canvas or rubber straps during the hot sticky months. :-d

·
Registered
492 Posts
Very nice combo Paul! :-!

For me though, I usually reach for the bracelets, canvas or rubber straps during the hot sticky months. :-d
That is nice especially with the yellow edging. Very similar in design to the Di-Modell Rallye which is my favourite strap.

Alasdair

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts
Paul,
that looks extremely good. Do they make one like it that would fit the DS GMT??

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys!

Jason, he sells a 22mm version:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Yellow-Stripes-...hZ003QQcategoryZ31387QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

He's got some cool color combos there! The strap fits my wrist in the 2nd hole from the end, I'm just a hair under 8" (no pun intended). The leather will stretch a bit, but anything over 8.5" will be tough to get it together, even in the first hole. I'm not sure, however, if this strap is beefy/thick enough for the GMT. The one I have is perfect for the 600 case.....

Alasdair, I really liked the perforated holes/Rallye look too, it's my first one of these but probably not my last. The extra perforation holes on mine are all the same diameter, but that Rallye looks excellent with the slightly larger center holes. Mine's a single buckle, compared to the dual buckle on the Rallye. The auction mentioned nothing about water resistance (like the Di-Modell is) but I hadn't planned on getting it wet.....

Paul

·
Registered
11,829 Posts
Hey, he's got them in red, orange, blue and black too! Where has Squinky been hiding these? I was on his site a few months ago, don't remember seeing them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts