WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for all your suggestions and thoughts. My lurking here has netted me my very own PAM 48 K series for a price that was just too good to pass up. I had worried at first that I would have a hard time adjusting to a 40mm Panerai as I had a hard time initially with my sub lv (due to a daily wearer of 44mm) but so far there are zero problems! I've had a number of watches on my wrist in my watch hunt and none has been as handsome as this one. The lack of a bezel and a simple dial makes it very easy to tell time and I like that the cyclops isn't raised. I also missed the wobble of a 7750 and now I'm a-wobblin!

It's currently on a Kaktus drifter strap (a serious strap, btw) and there's a Delauriean Mad Maxxx waiting in line.

Obligatory wrist shot (6.65 inch wrists)

Next to its big brother.

Given some of your ridiculous watch collections (ahem, John....sigh) and my poor photo skills I hesitated for a moment, but who am I kidding? I'm still proud of these little buggers and wanted to introduce the current SOTC of the Trio. Pretty content for now, and may go down to two if the LV doesn't get much more wrist time. We'll see. In any case, I'm happy to join the crowd here. Cheers!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the 48 :-! That is a very nice and diverse collection you have.

I have always liked that SMG, yet to see on in person and maybe that's a good thing :-d

Had to laugh about your "wobblin", I just got the wobble back myself.

Enjoy the new watch.

Dave

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Good to see another Koboldian make his way here. Congrats on a fine pick-up. Wonderful SOTC trio.:-!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Congrats big time and I love that strap m8...

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have always liked that SMG, yet to see on in person and maybe that's a good thing :-d

Dave
I'm pretty sure you live near a number of Koboldians so if you ever get the itch and want to try one on, join up on the Kobold forum and maybe sit in with some of the informal get togethers the guys have there in the NY area.

Good to see another Koboldian make his way here. Congrats on a fine pick-up. Wonderful SOTC trio.:-!
Thanks! It took me a little while because the 44mm's have just seemed to big on my teeny wrists and weren't to my liking and I was worried about having "bigger watch envy" if I got the 40mm. While that may still happen, it seems unlikely given my first impressions. Happy to be here!

Congrats big time and I love that strap m8...
Thanks! With such a ridiculously easy strap change system, my restraint is wavering and I think I might join all the strapaholics on this board. And...there goes the rest of the wallet...

Very nice collection! And congratulations on the new Pam. Wear it well. :-!
Thanks! Btw, your recent 8 day has caused me to reconsider radios in a more appreciative light.

·
4,071 Posts
Great pick up, Louis! Enjoy that bad boy!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hugh congrats with the 48 :-! and that strap looks awesome.
Great sub btw, love the green
Have fun for a long time with this trio m8 and wear them in good health.

Cheers,

John

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks John! I don't know if anyone else has had a Kaktus strap before, but this strap is by far the favorite I have owned. I've been wearing it in a tight fit but it is incredibly comfortable and the craftsmanship is excellent. If it wasn't so darned expensive I'd have to look into a second one.
-Louis

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Yeah nice watch, but really like that strap she is on. Congrats.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts