WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all thanks to all at this forum who have helped me gain a bit more knowledge of Omegas and convince me that I've made the right choice!

I've been lusting after a Speedy since August when I spent far too much time looking at them on the web when I should have been finishing my Masters project. I promised myself I'd get one when I finished and in no small part to the help from people here I became the proud owner of my first Speedy today, seen below with my reliable SMP. :-! (apologies for the poor piccy).

Attachments

·
Registered
561 Posts
congrats!!!!!!!!!!That is an outstanding combo. Two classics, you are well on your way to becoming an Omegamaniac!

Thanks for sharing :-!

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Indeed two classics...:-! :-! :-!

Big congrats and enjoy both of them..;-)

·
Registered
771 Posts
Awesome combo!!

Sea and Air/Space..

Q

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Welcome!

Well done! A very warm welcome to the Speedy Club.

I especially like how you worded the thread "And so it starts...." That sweet, sweet addiction only grows and grows...

Thanks for sharing and stop by often!

eric

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Welcome to the club and here's your membership card courtesy of our beloved former moderator J-M:

Glad you are happy with your purchase.

I look forward to your next Speedy. ;-)

Fr. John+

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm a speedie owner contemplating picking up an automatic seamaster.

The one thing that is holding me back is the problem of making sure they are both keeping the correct time.

How do dual speedie/seamaster owners cope with this? Do you need a winder or is there another way?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A bit early for me to tell, but I plan on wearing my Seamaster most of the time and keeping the Speedy for w/e and nights, so I'll just wind the Speedy every day to keep it going and the SMP should be happy on my wrist!

·
Registered
771 Posts
I second what scotw says. my GMT is my daily wearer my Speedy Pro is the ocassional, i just wind it every day.. Even if it stops all you need
to do is set the time, no worries about date.. for me it's the perfect compliment.

enjoy!!

Q

·
Registered
269 Posts
A bit early for me to tell, but I plan on wearing my Seamaster most of the time and keeping the Speedy for w/e and nights, so I'll just wind the Speedy every day to keep it going and the SMP should be happy on my wrist!
Wow nice :gold I have 2 quartz choronographs, and a SMP. Planning to get an automatic chronograph in future. Seems speedy is a perfect match. Congratulations:-!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts