WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
........ME with my caribbean!!!!,
Hi All, I just had to share this with you guys, it was my last day on "Harry Potter" yesterday and I had been asking (more like harassing) the visual effects supervisor to bring in his oscar, so yesterday I went up to his office to say goodbye to all the guys and there it was!! He won it for the visual effects on "Gladiator" BTW Thanks Tim for bringing it in. Maybe some day we will see somebody win one for real wearing a DOXA!!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Graeme,

thats amazing. I always wanted to get my hands on a real one as well. What was it like? Heavy, solid, hollow base etc etc?

Nice one.

Pete
Hi Pete, I could not believe how heavy it was. You have an idea in your head what you expect it to weigh, well it weighs more, when you hold it the first thing you say is "WOW it IS heavy" I guess about 1.5 - 2 Kg. It really made my day, I had a grin from ear to ear for the rest of the day!!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Amazing pic! You have all the luck!

Speaking of celebrities wearing Doxa,
I was watching the Travel Channel last night and there was a show called American Supercars.
This episode was about a race driver/stuntman named Mike Ryan.
He modifies/drives huge trucks for racing and the movies.
His site is www.fastrucks.com.
They had an "in the cab" video of him driving and he was wearing a 300T reissue! It was the first time I saw a Doxa sub on TV. Except maybe Cousteau when I was a kid but I didn't know about Doxa then. I emailed his publicist last night asking if he would consider making an appearance here.
Did anyone happen to see it?

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Hey! Whats that you got next to the Doxa?:-D
(OK old joke I know)

Great photo Graeme must be great doing that job of yours.
Whats the next film you are on?

Best regards
Andy

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great photo Graeme must be great doing that job of yours.
Whats the next film you are on?

Best regards
Andy
Thanks Guys,
Andy I go up to Hollyhead to get the boat home in the morning and then spend some precius time with wife and daughter, and then just wait for the phone to ring. But if it's an interesting one I'll let you know.;-)

·
Registered
179 Posts
New Category: The Oscar for Best T-Shirt and Watch in a Photo goes to.....

YOU! :)

Great pic!

--msa

·
Registered
368 Posts
With the Oscars on last night and the Oscars on all the TV stations today, I thought it was the perfect time to bump this old post to the top.:-d
Heh, tha's pretty good, man.

Look at that shine!

May I ask a question I've had for a long time having seen Oscars on TV this time of year: is the Oscar finger-print prone?

I saw hints of big-sized watches peeking out from (and, may I say, this is probably the ONLY time I'd employ the phrase "peeking out from" with regard to the following thespians :-x ) DiCaprio, Clooney's cuffs in last night's telecast. Too bad the watches aren't visible enough like how the actresses' jewelry are highlighted (ah, SEE, there IS a difference between watches and jewelry); they're probably wearing some cool numbers with which we'd be impressed, eh?

Thanks, and thanks for sharing!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.