WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
81 - 100 of 103 Posts

· Registered
485 Posts
Re: And They Start Arriving...

thats great job... it has the perfectly vintage look now...

but i wont do it with my straps.... lol

· Registered
407 Posts

What about the case? It still looks like new Rob! :) :) :) Only kidding mate!
That's what my girlfriend said, too! She also says that now it looks like it came from the Sundance catalog--coming from her that is a pretty big compliment.

I've trimmed the frayed threading (actually used a lighter to burn the frays off) and hit it up with some more baseball glove conditioner. I'm pretty happy with it at this point:

· Registered
77 Posts

That's what my girlfriend said, too! She also says that now it looks like it came from the Sundance catalog--coming from her that is a pretty big compliment.

I've trimmed the frayed threading (actually used a lighter to burn the frays off) and hit it up with some more baseball glove conditioner. I'm pretty happy with it at this point:

Simply stunning, I'm in awe. The strap is pretty much perfection now mate.

· Registered
1,177 Posts
I received mine today.

The reason why it took so long was a mistaken adress, the watch arrived the 30th September to Lisbon. Even today was a mess to get it, had a business lunch and the delivery hour was scheduled to lunch time. Fortunately our recepcionist offered to stay and get it for me, so lunch is on me tomorrow. ;-)

I'm really impressed with the look. It's absolutely awesome. :thanks guys for all the great work! :-!

Pics today won't be possible, I'll be working 'till late. I'll change it to the brown strap when I'll get home. b-)

· Registered
1,178 Posts

I received mine today.

The reason why it took so long was a mistaken adress, the watch arrived the 30th September to Lisbon. Even today was a mess to get it, had a business lunch and the delivery hour was scheduled to lunch time. Fortunately our recepcionist offered to stay and get it for me, so lunch is on me tomorrow. ;-)

I'm really impressed with the look. It's absolutely awesome. :thanks guys for all the great work! :-!

Pics today won't be possible, I'll be working 'till late. I'll change it to the brown strap when I'll get home. b-)
Congrats my friend :-! In my case, Laco also sent to wrong address. Fortunately I found it out accidentally when I called Fedex. Glad it arrived well ;-)

· Registered
1,177 Posts
At last took a decent shot >>>

Had a weekend with no time for photos, but had to show it of... :-d

· Registered
1,824 Posts

Thanks for the kind words, Hary.

I am in the process of putting together images and a small article comparing and contrasting the Laco SE, FOLE and the ARCHIMEDE Pilot Original LE, so since I had the Laco images, I thought it'd be a good idea to post these now. The Nikon Coolpix 885 is not quite as flexible as I'd like, though.

I'll probably put the Comparo article on the PilMil section in the next 10 days or so.

Hope all is well for you,
Glen

· Registered
2,418 Posts
Hi Glen,

I'm also looking forward to your comparison - but could you take the Steinhart FO LE into this project?
It's nearly the same movement as in the Stowa.
Would be nice to have all four "Limited Ed.s" in one comparison.:)

Regards,

Volker

· Registered
11,209 Posts
I have the honor of reporting no. 10/50 (Colin's watch) having arrived at its temporary home with me waiting for the final leg of its journey when it will join up with Colin as he is returning stateside.

Looking fine so far. :)

Thank you very much for the kind and gracious gesture of letting me look after your watch for a while! :-!

81 - 100 of 103 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.