WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pocket watch that I received after my grandfather passed away and I am trying to find out more about it. The brand of the pocket watch is Andre Phillipe. I have done a number of searches but cannot seem to come up with anything on this watch. I am hoping that maybe someone knows something about this pocket watch or brand. Thanks in advance for any information.

Attachments

·
Registered
18,176 Posts
Since it is quartz it is a relatively modern watch - post 1990s. Unlike most heirloom watches, this one should be able to be kept running with little effort. If you post a pic of the movement, more information may be forthcoming.

·
Registered
18,176 Posts
It is probably a Swiss quart movement from the late 70's or, more likely, sometime in the 80's. Its timekeeping rate can be adjusted by a watchmaker, something that can not be done with most modern quartz watches.

But only crazies like me collect them so it is of only 'whatever you can get' value... unless the case is gold, which I am sure it is not. That doesn't violate our valuation rules because it is just a statement of fact - these watches have little value as resale pieces.

I don't mind saying that on these pieces... it is the poor state of value for nice mechanical pocket watches of the last centuries that gets me... Oh well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The case is not gold, maybe gold plated but i'm not sure. I am not too interested in the value of this piece since it was my grandfathers, and have no interest in selling it. I would like to get it running though and use it from time to time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts