WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Fell in love with this stunning chrono and was just wondering if anyone knows more about this watch and if it looks legit.
I might pull the trigger on this. However €2950 sounds a bit steep or am I wrong? What is this aprox worth?

Would appreciate any advice! Thanks

angelus-chrono-dato-oversized.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
Its a beautiful watch by a great maker
Price looks kinda right to me.
It a chronograph with tri-date.
Regards

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
sorry Adam, have to disagree. dial seems to be refinished, font on the calender wheels is off (look at the FRI); price would be about 20 to 30%% too high for a perfect piece.
I'd walk.

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
sorry Adam, have to disagree. dial seems to be refinished, font on the calender wheels is off (look at the FRI); price would be about 20 to 30%% too high for a perfect piece.
I'd walk.
Hi watchFred
I dont thing we are disagreeing
I never commented on if dial was 100% original, and as you CORRECTLY say price would be even higher by 20%+ if all correct.

I think that is agreement. No?

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Hi there,

I wonder why you discuss prices without having seen the movement. From people who treat a dial this way I'd not expect an aceptable movement.

Regards, Roland Ranfft

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
Hi there,

I wonder why you discuss prices without having seen the movement. From people who treat a dial this way I'd not expect an aceptable movement.

Regards, Roland Ranfft
Me, I was commenting on the Manufacturer Angelus chronograph with tri date.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
"price would be about 20 to 30% too high for a perfect piece. I'd walk"
perfect piece would include a correct and verified movement, would assume this was clear, @Roland Ranfft ?

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
I would also recommend not to buy a watch without movement shots, especially such a fine chronograph. Datographs are desired pieces,this one dial is poorly re-done. You can find evenly aged vintage Datographs easily for ~ 2000 - 2500 USD. I keep an eye also on them and have seen even below USD 2000 sales with Goldmarks on case.And if you want to keep it, count at least 200-300 USD service on it to be at the safe side.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok thanks everyone. Although they say the watch is fully serviced and has one year guarantee definitely not worth it then.

What I thought was a great watch seems to not be quite that.

I think I'll take a pass. I looked suspiciously 'new' for a watch that old hence my doubt and question here.

Thanks

·
Registered
494 Posts
That "slant " of the Day disk can just as easily be that the corrector is a little off center . It happens alot with these .

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
These are spendy and valued watches. The dial is obviously refinished, rather poorly and obvious in my opinion. I would pass and keep looking at that price personally.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts