WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Ive had a look around other posts and what feels like the entire internet for help identifying what I've got.

What I've figured out so far:

Angelus Watch Co. (Obviously)
8 Day Movement
15 Fifteen Jewels
Unadjusted

The pictures of the actual movement are below: (Couldn't figure out how to rotate, sorry)

IMG_1960 copy.jpg IMG_1959 copy2.jpg

Its dated JUN 56, to the right of the date is a very small AVR 59 and then SF within a squarish triangle!

Any information would be great! Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Hartmut, yeah you're right its from a travel clock, probably should have mentioned that bit! Here's a full picture of the entire thing:

photo.JPG

I thought a picture of the movement would be more important! I've seen some of the ones on ebay, don't think it will be worth £400-500 though like that one right?

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
18,422 Posts
I don't know about the value. The standard answer is of course: "No valuations here"! However, Angelus was a decent maker and if the whole thing is in good condition and appropriately rare and sought after, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of it being worth that much.....

The best answer is: "Ask an expert"! And no, our expertise generally doesn't go that far on this forum.

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took it to a local auction house, who didn't really seem to be interested and didn't want to know any information about it etc. before saying it probably £20-30! do you have any pointers as to who the real experts are? Should I try some watch shops?

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
I took it to a local auction house, who didn't really seem to be interested and didn't want to know any information about it etc. before saying it probably £20-30! do you have any pointers as to who the real experts are? Should I try some watch shops?
Try an ebay search
Do Advanced--. completed listings + World Wide
See what you find
Regards

1 - 7 of 7 Posts