WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Sponsor
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear WUS members

TOURBY WATCHES proudly presenting our new hand wind calibers 74 (small second hand on 6 o´clock position) and 75 (center second). Swiss Made movements with fancy decorations (Glucydur Srew Balance, Swan Neck Regulator, Gold Chatons, Guilloché, Perlage, Cotés de Cirqulaires etc). Other decorations (Swirls Polihed Winding Wheels, Hand Engravings, Skeletonizing, Gold Plating etc.) are also available for special request.

Price for a whole Timepiece with this new Calibers starting with 1789,- Euro (1.500 Euro NET for international customers)

for more informations visit our Website

www.tourbywatches.com

thank you for looking

·
Registered
431 Posts
Congratulations, the new Calibers looks great |>

Can you please tell us more about them? I assume they are based on the Unitas 6498 (or 6497 for the centre-seconds?), but what modifications/changes were made?

Thanks!

·
Sponsor
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congratulations, the new Calibers looks great |>

Can you please tell us more about them? I assume they are based on the Unitas 6498 (or 6497 for the centre-seconds?), but what modifications/changes were made?

Thanks!
This movements are complete manufactured by a small atelier in Switzerland especialy for TOURBY WATCHES but interchangeable with 6497/98 calibers, because we can use our current parts without to producing new samples. All details shown on the pictures...

·
Registered
431 Posts
This movements are complete manufactured by a small atelier in Switzerland especialy for TOURBY WATCHES but interchangeable with 6497/98 calibers, because we can use our current parts without to producing new samples. All details shown on the pictures...
Thanks for the info |>

I'm just curious - what are the advantages of selecting these calibers instead of a 6497/8 ?

Cheers

·
Sponsor
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info |>

I'm just curious - what are the advantages of selecting these calibers instead of a 6497/8 ?

Cheers
It is easier to produce our own "Unitas-look-alike" movements (like RGM, Dornblüth or Maurice Lacroix) as to order the Unitas from ETA or SOPROD. We can decorated the movements to our own design and we don´t need to accept the long delivery times (8-16 months) and high quantitys (+500 timepieces). We need the Unitas base plate, small parts and the wheels + screws only which are easy to get...

Also our new Calibers has the better design and finish...

the bridges looks better as the simple Unitas design. The swan neck regulator is way nicer as the standard swan neck which comes with the Unitas. The "cotes de cirqulaires" are nicer as the "Cotes de Geneve" and our new calibers comes with gold chatons which makes a big difference in design IMHO...

please compare the attached pictures... A well finished 6498 and a well finished 74... IMHO is our cal. 74 much nicer as the 6498:

·
Registered
431 Posts
It is easier to produce our own "Unitas-look-alike" movements (like RGM, Dornblüth or Maurice Lacroix) as to order the Unitas from ETA or SOPROD. We can decorated the movements to our own design and we don´t need to accept the long delivery times (8-16 months) and high quantitys (+500 timepieces). We need the Unitas base plate, small parts and the wheels + screws only which are easy to get...

Also our new Calibers has the better design and finish...

the bridges looks better as the simple Unitas design. The swan neck regulator is way nicer as the standard swan neck which comes with the Unitas. The "cotes de cirqulaires" are nicer as the "Cotes de Geneve" and our new calibers comes with gold chatons which makes a big difference in design IMHO...

please compare the attached pictures... A well finished 6498 and a well finished 74... IMHO is our cal. 74 much nicer as the 6498:

Thank you for the additional info. Yes, I had noted the neater swan neck and the cut-out/bevelled bridges. The CdC decoration is very nice, as is the 'Soleil' shown earlier. I imagine that many customers will opt for these calibers over the Unitas.

Good luck with the new calibers :)

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Hi Tourby,

please excuse me for asking for more details, but I don't want to misunderstand:
Base plate, small parts, wheels and screws are genuine ETA Unitas parts, the rest of the movement is made ( and not only processed ) in Switzerland.
You get them, ready as shown above, and assemble case, movement, crown, glass, etc. to deliver a complete watch, right?

Regards,

Volker

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
No - I am wondering why he doesn't reply. :-s

I guessed him being on a vacation and so did Mike.

But referring to his profile here, his last activity was 6 hrs. ago and he also often posted on a German watchforum through the last two weeks.

I suppose he is so busy with all his new Swiss watches and Swiss movements.

Looking forward to him coming back,

Volker ;-)

·
Sponsor
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Hi Tourby,

please excuse me for asking for more details, but I don't want to misunderstand:
Base plate, small parts, wheels and screws are genuine ETA Unitas parts, the rest of the movement is made ( and not only processed ) in Switzerland.
You get them, ready as shown above, and assemble case, movement, crown, glass, etc. to deliver a complete watch, right?

Regards,

Volker
May you contact the manufacturer and ask them if the movements are realy 100% Swiss made or only "processed" in Switzerland

M H M
Manufacture Horlogère Mécanique
Rue de la Roche-de-Mars 9
CH-2900 Porrentruy

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Hi Tourby Watches,

I ask the man that is selling the watch: YOU!

I assume you are interested in selling, aren't you?? :roll:

Volker ;-)

·
Sponsor
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Hi Tourby Watches,

I ask the man that is selling the watch: YOU!

I assume you are interested in selling, aren't you?? :roll:

Volker ;-)
I have told it in my earlier post... but may you have not read it or you don´t trust me?... so i thought you should ask the manufatcurer to be sure.

I don´t understand your opinion???? You know my english is very poor and i have a language barrier... may you could send me a PM and ask it in German language...

thank you for your time

BEST

·
Moderator at Large
53,020 Posts
Welche Teile sind jetzt Unitas und welche nicht. Was macht das neue Kaliber aus.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts