WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can view Anonimos in the Central Florida area? I am in Tampa.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Anyone know where I can view Anonimos in the Central Florida area? I am in Tampa.

I live in Florida but have a long time relationship with Steve Burns/About Time. We have five watches from him.

It may be worth a call...the site is: www.abouttime.com

Others in the group speak very well of Martin Puli as well.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Scott,
Thanks for the link. I am struggling with Panny/Aninomo. Driving me crazy.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Scott,
Thanks for the link. I am struggling with Panny/Aninomo. Driving me crazy.

All I can do is share my story. I was not familiar with Anonimo, other than from the mags. I had a milestone event and was a saving for a PAM. I started exploring Anonimo more deeply and was really intrigued by the story.

For me, the Anonimo was a perfect choice, and I much prefer the look to the Anonimo line.

But that is me...your mileage may vary...

About Time seels both I believe, so they may be able to help give you some direction.

Which Anonimo(s) are singing to you? Which Pams? That might help.

Either way, you won't go wrong.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it appears the Anonimo line has a "sportier" look to most of them and usually that is what I prefer. The Panerai 88 was the watch I was considering although I may end up with the Luminor Marina Automatic since they are less expensive. The Anonimo watch I preferred was the Militare Automatico. I have concerns about the quality of the Animinos as well since owners have expressed some concerns of "build quality" This is no concern on the Panerai from what I understand. I also am sick of buying watches only to see them plummet in value.
Let me know your thoughts!.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Well it appears the Anonimo line has a "sportier" look to most of them and usually that is what I prefer. The Panerai 88 was the watch I was considering although I may end up with the Luminor Marina Automatic since they are less expensive. The Anonimo watch I preferred was the Militare Automatico. I have concerns about the quality of the Animinos as well since owners have expressed some concerns of "build quality" This is no concern on the Panerai from what I understand. I also am sick of buying watches only to see them plummet in value.
Let me know your thoughts!.

It sounds like the PAM 88 is your grail watch. Maybe wait a little longer and get the one that truly speaks to you.

Good luck, whatever you choose to do.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually I just bought my GRAIL WATCH. That's why I am considering the Anonimo. I picked up a VC Overeseas Chrono and haven't even opened it yet. I am already scheming to get a Panerai but I don't have the money after dropping almost 9K. What drives me crazy is either spending 5-6 K and getting something that I prefer AND holds value OR simply buying a really nice looking Anomino but realizing they won't hold the value. I do believe your right though. I think I will try to hold out and get a Panerai. I am already selling anything not nailed down in the house to finance the damn thing. Appreciate your input.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
It sounds like you really want the Panerai. so that is what you should go with. I wanted a Panerai too, but after trying on both I knew the Anonimo was the watch for me. The quality is great and the company really cares about its customers. I never purchase watches for the value. I purchase for me. I invest in the stock market to make money and enjoy my money by buying watches. That is just my two cents... Good luck on your decision.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AAH,
Your fortunate, you were able to try one on! I used to livenear NYC and was able to view virtually any watch on the planet. Today in Tampa all I basically see is ROLEX ROLEX ROLEX. So sick of Rolex.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
AAH,
Your fortunate, you were able to try one on! I used to livenear NYC and was able to view virtually any watch on the planet. Today in Tampa all I basically see is ROLEX ROLEX ROLEX. So sick of Rolex.

Believe me I know what you mean... Rolex is everywhere... I can tell you either way you go you will be happy.. Before I bought my Anonimo I was planning on purchasing a panerai myself. I was looking at the Luminar GMT. When I was at the AD I tried on both and I just really liked the Anonimo more. It seemed more sporty to me and I did not like the magnifier on the Panerai. I wish you luck in your decision I have been there before.. I usually second guess after my purchase but not after the Anonimo.... Good Luck and let us know what you decide.:-!

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Slave- Tough decision. I know. Panerais are just way cool, though. I have an 040 that is one of my favorites. Never been close to an Anonimo. I have a "deep blue" coming to me, sight unseen. I hope I like it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts