WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am probably picking up a Polluce soon and had a question about bracelet options. Now I have seen the stock one but the price is kind of high. So has anyone had their's on any other style of bracelet? Maybe a straight link Oyster or any other suggestions are welcomed. Thanks ahead of time, Terry.:-!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I'll stop just short of calling you a heretic or a blasphemer, but I would rather have a strap than an off-brand bracelet. That would be like buying a Bentley and then putting Hyundai wheels on it.

Please no flames. Take my comments in the jovial good nature that they were meant to have.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I agree Terry, just dont think an aftermarket bracelet would do the watch justice and would roll with leather or rubber...isofrane looks sweet!

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Well, my friend jcoat007 and Cali Kid are totally right but can be nice if you find something can match the soul of the timepiece and the most important if you like that...go ahead and post some pictures.

I saw this Professionale one time and to me looks very nice not my taste of that type of bracelets but looks cool :

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Those mesh bracelets kill me... argh! :)

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Those mesh bracelets kill me... argh! :)
The Mesh kill me too. why would you want to disgrace a beautiful watch. I would not put on an after market bracelet on ANY watch. The anonimo bracelet is the best bracelet out there. I would just spend the extra cash for the bracelet.

·
Banned
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I understand some of the comments about sticking with a OEM bracelet. But I was asking what is out there since I know some people like to experiment, and sometimes stuff works that you wouldn't think that would. Personal that mesh does look pretty cool but I am not a mesh bracelet guy.

But thanks for some of the opinions. I will look into the OEM bracelet option, my only concern with that is the lack of micro-adjustment. Oh and the price isn't small by any means. Anyone know if there is a used one for sale any where?

·
Registered
219 Posts
I've seen someone put an anvil or watchadoo bracelet on a Polluce or Millemetri, sorry for being so ambigious. Looked good to me. I had toyed with the idea of modifying a Tissot T-Touch Expert bracelet to fit an Anonimo since the design is very similar and the size is about right at 21mm

·
Banned
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great info, since I might try it out on a anvil later since I have one laying around. But if I find a OEM one before then it might just be heading my way. Thanks again for everyones input.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
Though the Anonimo bracelet is nice, it certainly is not the "best there is," (it has no micro adjustments, for one thing, it is rather difficult to attach to the watch, and many have claimed that it is a hair pincher, but I don't have enough hair to tell!), on the one hand, and, since it only comes in one style, seems rather common after awhile--i.e. it doesn't distinguish your 'nimo from anyboy else's. Other great bracelets in the watch world in general are the Omega mesh, similar to the Staib(?) above, as well as the IWC rice bead, the Oris TT1, some of the push-button Ball bracelets, and so forth, some more expensive, some quite a bit less. Don't see the Anonimo bracelet as anything sacred at all. I have one, and actually can't find a home for it among the four 'nimos I have that it will fit, though I am giving it a run on my Sailor Diver after Nelson's great shots. One of the pleasures of owning watches, in my opinion, is being able to personalize them in ways that fit your own personality, and about the only way that you can do that is by trying various straps and bracelets. Currently I have only one Kodiak (on my Militare, but even it was a special order) and beside the bracelet for the moment on the Sailor, I also have a Toshi, a 1907 ammo strap and a baseball glove leather strap, and am always searching for something new and different. Not all of us can afford $800 for a bracelet, so it is reasonable to want to find something nice for a whole lot less. Watchadoo makes some good choices, as well as a few other companies--don't close the door to alternatives to Anonimo--you might be pleasantly surprised by the options available to you if you just look around.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Though the Anonimo bracelet is nice, it certainly is not the "best there is," (it has no micro adjustments, for one thing, it is rather difficult to attach to the watch, and many have claimed that it is a hair pincher, but I don't have enough hair to tell!), on the one hand, and, since it only comes in one style, seems rather common after awhile--i.e. it doesn't distinguish your 'nimo from anyboy else's. Other great bracelets in the watch world in general are the Omega mesh, similar to the Staib(?) above, as well as the IWC rice bead, the Oris TT1, some of the push-button Ball bracelets, and so forth, some more expensive, some quite a bit less. Don't see the Anonimo bracelet as anything sacred at all. I have one, and actually can't find a home for it among the four 'nimos I have that it will fit, though I am giving it a run on my Sailor Diver after Nelson's great shots. One of the pleasures of owning watches, in my opinion, is being able to personalize them in ways that fit your own personality, and about the only way that you can do that is by trying various straps and bracelets. Currently I have only one Kodiak (on my Militare, but even it was a special order) and beside the bracelet for the moment on the Sailor, I also have a Toshi, a 1907 ammo strap and a baseball glove leather strap, and am always searching for something new and different. Not all of us can afford $800 for a bracelet, so it is reasonable to want to find something nice for a whole lot less. Watchadoo makes some good choices, as well as a few other companies--don't close the door to alternatives to Anonimo--you might be pleasantly surprised by the options available to you if you just look around.
+1

We waiting for your pics !

·
Banned
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@timefleas, thanks for the great response. So the search begins and if I find a great combo I will definitely let you guys know.

@Nelson, thanks for the great pics on the forum!

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Such a fantastic looking bracelet! They really bring the Pro series to life in my opinion.

No micro adjustment is a shame though. I find it to be a feature that is very handy, in used it to adjust my Sinn on the weekend. I'd still be willing to give one a shot, but unfortunately it won't go with my Drass finish.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Go with whatever is comfortable for you!
I personally agree an Anonimo 'deserves' a nice handmade strap (see ammo thread!) or an OEM bracelet (they're so hot!), that's fit to the watch (something about a straight bar on a curved case?) :) , but...do what you think looks good for you. (BTW - most Drass finishes have stainless accents, so the bacelet should work...)

·
Registered
344 Posts
i would say its your watch do what you want. But i would say before you do anything please try the anonimo one. I did and nothing compares it fits me fine and no other bracelet comes close imo. But be warned if you try it you might end up buying it. I did and since then i have saved on straps. (thats what i told wifee).

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts