WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Anonimo Fans!
This is a new brand for me and while I have spent some time reading on it (only 12 years old, but case manufacturing over 60, designed in Firenze, ex workers of Panerai, co-designed by Zino Dei- ex CEO of Panerai, Anonimo is Italian for Anonymous) and can see the Panerai connection.
But I don't understand why they are so expensive? Are the movements in house? Are the movements heavily modified? Most aren't even COSC certified. What is the attractiveness of this brand? Why is everyone talking about it??

·
Banned
2,637 Posts
You are asking the same questions people ask about most brands out there including Panerai. So use the search function and you will find a ton of info on this forum. Goodluck.

·
Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator
11,581 Posts
The simple answer is "It's the cases".

Reactions: jcoat007

·
Registered
3,378 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
I had the same questions. Then I bought one. Now I have six. Number 7 is on order. Quality, style, uniqueness. I'll find more reasons later.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
What's the allure? Well, for me, if you really like the Florentine style of watchmaking, Anonimo is the way to go. Panerai are basically just doing what made them popular in the 50s and 60s. They're still using the same designs based on their basic Radiomir and Luminor lines and haven't strayed from that one iota, instead focusing on movements. Anonimo, although young is making case design and manufacturing innovations that make them stand out, maybe toe to toe with Panerai.

Besides that, I like the fact that these watches are largely hand crafted in a small factory. So, chances are, every watch isn't going to be exactly the same. And that's the exact opposite for today's "It" brand, Panerai. Which is made at a huge factory many times the capacity of Anonimo. And since distribution is a lot, chances are there will be many of you walking around with the same watch. Just like how Rolex is, or rather, used to be.

And if you think Anonimo is overpriced, check out Panerai's prices. Who, by the way, were selling their watches at more than double the price of your base model Anonimo's even BEFORE producing their own movements. Luminor base, which is just a watch without a date even was selling back then at $4000-5000 new. Anonimo Sailor Diver is less than 2k plus date. I don't even know why Panerai is still putting Firenze on their casebacks.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys! Any inputs on the movements? Are these basic 7750 or ETA movements? Or modified?
I agree cases look nice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts