WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Dial says "Kirovskiye" under the 12, and above the 6 it is labeled "Made in USSR". Beneath the 6 is "MChZ Kirov". The back appears to be in a language other than Russian, perhaps Polish or one of the Baltics, although I could be wrong, the inscription is hard to read in your picture. It appears to commemorate a 20th birthday.

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
Dial says "Kirovskiye" under the 12, and above the 6 it is labeled "Made in USSR". Beneath the 6 is "MChZ Kirov". The back appears to be in a language other than Russian, perhaps Polish or one of the Baltics, although I could be wrong, the inscription is hard to read in your picture. It appears to commemorate a 20th birthday.
great

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Can you share some of your secrets for taking such great pictures? How do you pose the watch? How do you light it?
Professionals NEVER share their secrets! Come on comrades! Leave ill-phill alone already! Had he wanted to, he would have shared long time ago, since everybody keeps asking him to do so!

And even if he does, can anybody really match the results? I doubt it...

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Very shiny piece, i'm still looking for a green or red one, in decent conditions. Currently i own only the brown version (there are other targets at the moment) ;-)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Can you share some of your secrets for taking such great pictures? How do you pose the watch? How do you light it?
Phil is a master, this is a fact and no matter how hard i try and what fancy equipment i use i can not emulate what he can do with two lights a black tshirt and a standard digital camera. Composition in phils photos is fantastic, this really helps. The lighting must be difused either by bouncing your light source off a white background onto the subject or by using something like tracing paper or a stocking over the source, you can also take your photos in bright sunlight in the shade to achieve a similar effect but this can cause other problems, mutiple light sources helps and getting the right apature also helps, apart from this it is all just how you compose your photos and how you crop and arrange them later, i am guessing that phil crops out the parts he wants after he has taken them. I am not game to post any of my photos yet as they are not up to this high standard but i do try to get there and will post just quick basic snaps untill i do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts